Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial Update from 3.2.1.4 to 4.2.4 is hanging

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Boris,

I skip the database installation, and run it manually.

I think. this issue will be fine on your live site, if this issue happens on there, just let me know

thank you!

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello again, same problem with update from (the fixed) version 4.2.4 to 4.2.5. Again the update is hanging at "upgrading database" at out fallback site.

Attachments:
7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

anyway - could you please do the update at the live site from 3.2.14 to 3.2.5 like on the fallback site? We've made an complete backup. Thanks in advance...

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Actually this is very technical..
#1 you need to download my file www.dropbox.com/s/xzu3lt20n47140i/prepdatabase.html?dl=0 and copy to /administrator/components/com_community/installer/
#2 you need extract the main package com_community_pro_4.2.5.zip and find then extract templates.zip inside folder site to folder /components/com_community/templates/

thank you

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

step #1 is clear an done.

step #2: could you please describe the 2nd step more precisely? I downloaded version 4.2.5, located "/components/com_community/templates/", unzipped it and then?

Thanks

Attachments:
7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I replaced "templates.zip" at "/components/com_community/templates/" with the zipped file from the 4.2.5 JomSocial-Update located at "com_community_std_4.2.5/site/templates.zip". That's correct?

If so, the update is hanging again. Sorry, this doesn't work...

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

yes right, inside that tempates folder you will see jomsoical folder, and copy it to /components/com_community/templates/ :)

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

As described the installation at our fallback site is hanging again. This workaround will not fix the problem. I'm sorry. Any other idea?

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I found different issue, now I found this error :

Unknown column 'profileid' in 'j33wv_community_files' SQL=ALTER TABLE `j33wv_community_files` ADD `messageid` INT(11) NOT NULL AFTER `profileid`

to fix this you need add new field "profileid" inside this table "j33wv_community_files"

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Slowly but surely I'm getting feared to do an major update with the live site. If one bug is fixed the next one pops of.

The forum "wahlverwandtschaften.org" was migrated last year from an old jomsocial 1.x or 2.x (joomla 1.5) to version 3.x. Every (major) update (and nearly every minor upgrade) leads to new problems. This is sometimes really annoying, I'm sorry to say that.

How can we fix the new problem? I'm not very familiar with SQL database entries...

Thanks.

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

because you update from very old version so sometimes you need to faced this issue :)

you can add new field on your database table from phpmyadmin, if you dont know how to do it, just provide me phpmyadmin / cpanel access

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

You're right - we know this but have no other choice. We can't built this forum new from scratch. We have to migrate all the users an their posts. Otherwise this forum will die! So it must be possible to migrate.

Please do the database entries for me. Thanks.

->credentials see "Private Site Information" at this post

7 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

oks its done, the upgrading also done :)

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

great - thank you. So can you please do the same at the live site? Including the update from version 3.2.1.4 to 4.2.5
I've made an complete Backup of the live site.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński