Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile preferences tabs are directing to home page

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
All preferences tabs are directing to home page

Browser Safari 7.1.7
mydomain.com/index.php#general => home page
mydomain.com/index.php#privacy => home page
mydomain.com/index.php#email => home page
mydomain.com/index.php#ignorelist => home page

Browser Chrome 43.0.2357.134 or Browser Firefox 39.0
mydomain.com/index.php#general => general tab and then home page after about 3 seconds
mydomain.com/index.php#privacy => privacy tab and then home page after about 3 seconds
mydomain.com/index.php#email => email tab and then home page after about 3 seconds
mydomain.com/index.php#ignorelist => ignorelist tab and then home page after about 3 seconds

I find a possible fix here on this forum but no file is shared so that other users could also fix this problem.

Please, share your patched file (profile.preferences.php) so that I can test it.

Thanks

++++++++++++++++++
PHP 5.4.42
Joomla 3.4.3
Jomsocial 4.0.8

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Vincent,

I cannot access your site. got this message:

Attention, notre pare-feu a interprete vos dernieres activites sur notre site comme une possible violation de securite (par exemple de multiples tentatives de connexion rapprochees). Votre acces au site a ete bloque pour quelques jours et un administrateur du site en a ete informe. Si votre ordinateur semble etre localise dans la region, votre acces sera debloque rapidement. Vous pouvez aussi redemarrer votre borne d'acces a Internet ou nous contacter [email protected].

could you please turning off the security? after the issue done you can switch back to on.

and I need valid joomla super user access detail and FTP. you can edit your first post at this topic and put credentials information at site info form.

Regards

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry for that. I wrote in the support infos that the site was not live. It is on a local server for testing. And this problem in the last known big problem before it could go live.

I think the solution is in this topic, unfortunately, the modified file (profile.preferences.php) was not shared: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/242...cting-to-my-homepage

If you really need to access the site, I will use a staging

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Vincent,

many customers got some issue like this, but the fixes always different.
mostly the issue from 3rd party plugins.

i suggest you to upload your site under "Test/Development Site" with subdomain (dev.domain.com)
so I can have a look to that issue.

FYI:
if you using any script optimizer please turn it off.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Rousseau
8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Problem solved. Your last reply drive me on the way (3rd party…).

It was a SEF related problem (using third party SEF component sh404SEF). I also found it affects images uploads.

I have to do some tests to find the exact cause of my problems with the SEF, but it is not urgent.

For now, I will not use URL rewriting with Jomsocial. sh404SEF allows me to disable SEF for some components.

Nevertheless, thank you for offering me to have a look on my website.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński