Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

password sent in clear

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I followed the steps in this post: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/146...y-issue-urgent#74002

It appeared to accept the change (override). I then created a new account to test and still, it sends the users name and password in clear text in the welcome email.

This is really not acceptable practice for us.

Please advise if there is some way to stop any emailing of passwords to members.

Thank you,

Satchi

10 years 3 weeks ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Bridgette,

I have been fixed this issue for you followed the step on link that you gave me.. :)

Can you check this and let me know if this issue not clear :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

No - This is not fixed. Below is a copy of a welcome email. I just created this account 1 minute ago.

Hello Bridgette,

Thank you for registering at Test Site. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.
To activate the account click on the following link or copy-paste it in your browser:
www.someplacein.com/index.php/component/...9cc9709bc6c904c6a592

After activation you may login to www.someplacein.com/ using the following username and password:

Username: Satchi
Password: j*******

I put ***** in the password for security.

10 years 3 weeks ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Bridgette,

Ah, you register using joomla default registration page right ? so that quick fix doesn't work if you register using joomla registration page.. but i have fixed it for you.. you can using jomsocial registration page or joomla registration page now.. no password will be sent on email :)

Please check it again :)

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński