Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Change Default Langugage

10 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Isaac
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I want to change the default language from English to Hebrew. I'm using Joomla 3.2.3 with JomSocial 3.1.1. I already changed the default site language to Hebrew, and it works fine. I uploaded the translation file to /joomla/language/he-IL/ but the site still shows everything in English.

Thank you

10 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Isaac.

It seems that your language file could be corrupted.
Joomla! don't recognize it - I tried search for "Get connected!" phrase in language overrides - in vain.
Please, read this topic: www.jomsocial.com/forum/translations/14285-how-to-translate

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Isaac
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

Can you please check the attached language file, and tell me how I can fix the corruption?

Thank you

10 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Isaac.

1. Please edit your first post and add FTP credentials to it.
2. No file was attached - but when you'll give me access to FTP I'll see it on server.
3. I'll not review your file for any corruption... You'll need to do It yourself just like previous user. But lets wait till I check the file on server.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Isaac
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

I've added FTP to the first post of this topic.

Thank you

10 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Isaac.

For sure language file is corrupted.

I uploaded new language file that is just English language file but with name changed to he-IL.com_community.ini.
Now:

1. Edit file he-IL.com_community.ini and he-IL.com_community.ini-old
2. Copy block by block translations from he-IL.com_community.ini-old to he-IL.com_community.ini
3. Each time after copying check your page if Hebrew language is visible
4. If suddenly it changes to language constant or English check copied block line by lie as you find corrupted line.
Just like I advised other user (I provided link to that thread already).

I pasted new translation for "Get connected!" and now we have "הישאר מחובר!" on start page. So it works.

10 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Isaac
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,
Redoing the work will take me a lot of time... I hope I will not need to do it.
I downloaded the translation files to Hebrew from this website: www.transifex.com/projects/p/jomsocial_h...w_il/language/he_IL/
Can you please see if you can download it with corrupting the files? I assume that the original files are good. This will be a huge help.
Thank you

10 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Isaac
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

OK. I've found out the bad section and removed it. The translation now works. Just one thing: The translation was done for Version 2.6. Where can I find just the additional phrases that were added since then? I would like to translate all the new words that were added.

Thank you

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Isaac.

Please post what section was corrupted - it will help other users.

For latest language constant edit original en-GB.community.in. This file is up to date for sure ;) just copy and translate constant that are absent in your file.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński