Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial Menu

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I added Kunena to JomSocial. I added a 'Forum" to the JS menu but something went wrong. I didn't change the alias and the system complained. I then added with new alias. Now I have two 'Forum' menu entries. I cannot find how to get rid of the bad one. There is no entry in jml_menu on on back end Menu facilities. It seems to be stuck inside of JS. Any ideas? Having two "Forum" menu entries is really tacky! (problem is on test site)

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi John,
As I am seeing that you already have a menu alias "forum" under the menu "Kunena menu"
and you want to go to add another menu item with same alias at "Jomsocial toolbar".
Here is the problem. According to the joomla system, it only allow unique alias for all menu items.
So please add different menu alias if conflict with others.
Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

No, You have missed my problem. I know that I have Forum on both the JomSocial and Kunena menues. My problem is that I have TWO Forum tabs on the JomSocial menu. If I look in Menus, there is only one but the user sees TWO. mHow do I get rid of this???

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi John,
I am now at right place and noticed the problem.
For fixing the problem we need FTP info.
Please fill out the ftp info by editing the first post.
Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have entered the FTP info
John

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi John,
I have fixed the problem at your site.
There was a thirdparty plugin "Plug-in Manager: System - Kunena Forum" causing the problem.
I have disabled that plugin.
Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Asraf,

Sorry to be such a pest but the problem is still there. I wondered what had happened when I logged on and got a message that Kunena was no longer installed. In addition, the real link to the Kunena forum was gone and the ghost entry (with its pulldown) was still there. I got a new copy and installed it. The real link - as defined in my JomSocial menu, reappeared. Unfortunately, the bad link (which had never gone away, even with Kunena gone, is still there. I have changed the test for the good link to Forum(Real).

I used Firebug to look at the menu. the code putting up the menu - including the bad entry - was in div.nav-collapse<div.navbar-inner. I edited it our and, sure enough, the entry disappeared. Unfortunately, ti came back as soon as I refreshed. I looked for the plug-in you mentioned. It is back and published. It has a note about "don't unpublish or uninstall". I left it alone since the results before were not good.

Hope you can help - it makes me look kinds silly.

John

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi John,
It is causing with kunena system plugin and it is going beyond our support range but
I would like to see at the database, if I can help you.
Can you dump the database and send me here.
What I feel that, the menu is coming from unknown place and it mast be there(at database).
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Did you receive the database dump I sent you. I sent it about a week ago. If so, any insight form it? If not, there's another copy attached
John

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi John,
I didn't find any db file attached.
Please check and let me know if i missed.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'll try again - hopefully the dump is attached this time, about 10 MB

.... I tried to submit and got (from site www.jomsocial.com/forum/list )

Kunena view 'list' not found

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

Home Page
Search this site

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below..

Kunena view 'list' not found

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi John,
I have been searching for at database and didn't find such menu.
According to the ftp info, i am a bit confused there, cause there are lots of files and seeing multiple joomla installed with different directory and also seeing wordpress also installed.

I would suggest you to check with fresh joomla + jomsocial + kunena installation or
just disable the plugins "Plug-in Manager: System - Kunena Forum"

Thanks

10 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Joomla, JS and Kunena have all been updated the the latest versions. Database tahoerim_TRTAmain is the production database and the problem is with this. The JomSocial submenu does not show the dplicate Forum entry but when the system is used, it appears.

Our site structure is
public_html - production site
/J25 - development sub-domain. Was copied to production in early March.
The wordpress installation is no longer active but is being kept on the site for backup and reference - will be deleted soon

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi John,
I am seeing that you have cloned main site under j25 sub domain.
But I didn't get the point. What i expected from you to test the case with fresh joomla + jomsocial + kunena install
so that we can confirm the bug is there or not.
Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński