Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Users unable to post updates or photos after upgrade

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have multiple users reporting that they are unable to post status updates or upload photos after the recent upgrade to the new JomSocial release. I have tested this myself, and although the status seems to take, nothing ever appears on my activity feed. The only things that are posting to the feed are plugins from other components, like EasyBlog, EasyDIscuss, JReviews, etc. No JomSocial content is posting at all.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Bethany,

Can you provide me FTP and PHPMyadmin access, please? I will inspect this issue further.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas, I am not at all comfortable posting that kind of information on an open forum and I see nowhere to post private data like that on the forum post form. Please email me privately and we can discuss. Please be clear in the justification for the request, and I will give you access to my test site that is a recent refresh from my live site. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Sorry for delay answer, actually you can post your private info via PM or edit your first topic and provide the phpmyadmin access under field "Miscellaneous" that is quite save there.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I added the FTP details to my live site in the first post, thanks for pointing that out. The updates still do not work at all, no one can post anything. The only thing that shows up in the feed is from other extension plugins.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

This issue cuased by 3rd party extension, which make Jomsocial stream broken, Im not sure which extension, you installed lot of extensions so I cant check it on by one..

I suggest try disabled all extensions and just enable extensions which related with Joomla and Jomsocial.. or try install the newest jomsocial version in you dev/localhost, let me know how it goes then.

thank you

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This was never an issue prior to the upgrade. The main extensions i use are all StackIdeas and JReviews, both who have partnered with JomSocial. I expect a little more than "sorry, it's not us." Surely I am not the only person who uses other extensions. You haven't heard ANYTHING that can lead me in the right direction here?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have updated the access information in the first post to give you ftp and login information for my test system. I have disabled every single extension that does not say JoomlaProject or JomSocial, and the YooTheme template. It still does not work. Unless this is conflicting with Warp (highly doubt), Joomla, or one of your own extensions, I am at a loss where else it could possible be.

Please take a look. Perhaps there's an old JomSocial plugin or artifact left from some old install that's causing issues? My next step would be to uninstall everything that is associated with JomSocial and re-install the new version. Please take a look before I do that.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have also installed the newer YooTHeme master template and set it as default. This would eliminate any issues with Warp6, and is a very light weight template with no compression or anything else set on it.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

This is the live site, if I do that I afraid will break your website, because you installed looott of plugins.. I need check it one by one... if possible can you move this to your dev site please? so I can do everything for debugging your issue.

thx

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

As I said above, I gave you FTP access to my TEST site - it is test.knowndonorregistry.com. You still have the admin login for the main site, but please do not do any testing on that site. I have given you the same credentials for the test site, and have prepped it by disabling all of the other extensions except JomSocial, the template and Joomla native extensions. The issue persists.

Please investigate this in the test site, and if you need any more information please let me know, I will get it to you right awya.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

ok thank you, anyway I also need the phpmyadmin account, can you provide it too please?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I edited the first post and gave you a link that I get in my control panel - I have no other link to phpMyAdmin. The credentials are the same as FTP.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I just tried login to phpmyadmin with FTP username/password and seems not working for me... can you verify again please?

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński