Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

BUG in Jomsocial

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am reporting a BUG in your software.

I have posted this matter once and I am doing it again because it seems nobody cares about this problem I am having with JomSocial, I have received no support as of yet. Please provide better customer service - you will sell more.

The problem I having is this:

I have created the different profile types, we will call them A, B & C. The profile type A, which is the default Jomsocial/ individual/ personal profile type and which uses all the default fields plus a few fields I created. The B & C profile types are custom and use some of the default fields and the rest of the fields are custom or from what I created.

The problem is that when you are registering as a Type A / Jomsocial default profile you still see fields/ questions which are checked off to NOT show up in the type A, profile registration process but were meant to rather ONLY show up in the B, or C, custom profile type registration process. FYI - these are indeed all checked off correctly “yes or no” in the Jomsocial admin area of “Multiple Profiles” > “Fields Tab” “Yes or No” so this is not what causing them to show up.

The other problem is that when you register with the type B or C type custom profiles the correct default and custom fields which are selected to show up in the initial registration process all do correctly in the "Initial Registration Process" BUT then at a later time/date if you come back and click Profile > “edit profile” it only brings up two of the default fields so you can’t change your address, city, state, phone, zip etc. The custom fields do come up when coming back to edit your profile but there is only two default fields so you can’t change your personal info like address, phone, email etc. Because not the “ALL” the default fields/ questions show in this scenario basically if you are a user type B or C and lets say you move you can’t come back to the site and update your to your new address because you cant get to those default primary Jomsocial personal fields to show up after the original registration.

Any Help Please!?!?!?!

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello david

This is third thread regarding same issue. Creating the multiple threads for same issue is not the solution and it only adds up on our administration time.
Please lets proceed with one of these two threads, and not make any new regarding same things.

1. www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...37-multiple-profiles
2. www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/12374-multiple-profiles

That being said, i am going to lock this one.

thank You

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
The following user(s) said Thank You: David
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński