Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Multiple Profiles

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The problem I having is this:

I have created the different profile types, we will call them A, B & C. The profile type A, which is the default Jomsocial/ individual/ personal profile type and which uses all the default fields plus a few fields I created. The B & C profile types are custom and use some of the default fields and the rest of the fields are custom or from what I created.

The problem is that when you are registering as a Type A / Jomsocial default profile you still see fields/ questions which are checked off to NOT show up in the type A, profile registration process but were meant to rather ONLY show up in the B, or C, custom profile type registration process. FYI - these are indeed all checked off correctly “yes or no” in the Jomsocial admin area of “Multiple Profiles” > “Fields Tab” “Yes or No” so this is not what causing them to show up.

The other problem is that when you register with the type B or C type custom profiles the correct default and custom fields which are selected to show up in the initial registration process all do correctly in the "Initial Registration Process" BUT then at a later time/date if you come back and click Profile > “edit profile” it only brings up two of the default fields so you can’t change your address, city, state, phone, zip etc. The custom fields do come up when coming back to edit your profile but there is only two default fields so you can’t change your personal info like address, phone, email etc. Because not the “ALL” the default fields/ questions show in this scenario basically if you are a user type B or C and lets say you move you can’t come back to the site and update your to your new address because you cant get to those default primary Jomsocial personal fields to show up after the original registration.

Any Help Please!?!?!?!

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

A tech named Peter responded to me here and I tried to msg him and let him know I updated the tech request form on here and gave him the admin login info he asked for.

Now his reply is gone from my thread on here and I still have no answers. Can any Tech help with this problem.

Dave

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Dave

We do not have any person named Peter in our team. Please do not provide access to your site UNLESS we ask you to modify your first post in the thread and leave them there.
That being said, i suggest you to immediately change the credentials you provided to the Peter and show us his profile so we can ban him from the community because of fraud and theft attempts. Also, please modify your first and include valid access to your site for real support memebrs to actually check what is going on at the site.

As for the issue you have, default JomSocial Profiletype is always the one with ID 0
In other words, its invisible and always have all the available fields.
Can you please advise how did you setup that Profiletype A be the default on your site?
Are you using third party extensions maybe?

And at the end, please note that support during Saturdays and Sundays is very limited.
www.jomsocial.com/support-policy

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
The following user(s) said Thank You: David
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry his name was Paul not Peter that was my mistake in typing - here is his profile: www.jomsocial.com/community/112770paul/profile

I Sent Paul a msg on the community as well and he did not respond. Does this Paul work for you?!?!?!

I just thought it was odd because Paul responded to my topic here and then his response was gone so he must have removed it.

This Paul person replied to my post on here on this forum and I then updated my form in the reply form here on this forum on my post / topic where you state it will be shared only with techs from your company. Soon after Paul deleted his response to me and now where are here, I have no response may have been hacked and I still have no solution.

As for the default profile I was speaking of I am referring to the profile fields that were created and existing in JomSocial when I installed it. So all the fields you have created when it is installed for the first time - those are the fields I called "default" or "default " Profile type.

As I said I created to more default profile types with new fields/ questions. I then went in the Multiple Profile area and turned of the fields I didn't want to be used in the new profile types and left on the ones that I am referring to as "default" that I would like to have remain in the registration process. Those are the fields that are not coming up in the other two profile types in the registration process I am speaking of.

I have changed all the login info
I am also not running any third party extensions for JomSocial

Thanks for a reply

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Paul:

I changed the login code as I was told to do so by one of your other tech reps - sorry.

So I am not sure if you caught that change comment in my last edit of the login details but I will go back and edit the login details again on the first string of my post in here.

I just check this myself and the login works for me???

Please let me know if you get back in.

Dave

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have provided the correct information to login to the admin area, can Paul or another tech take a look and see what is happening with JomSocial? Trying to figure this out.

Thanks

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello David

Paul is okay, he work for us.
Lets proceed with the issue you are having.

So, you basically saying that fields you are setting up to show only to certain types, do not show on registration for that profiletype?
If thats the case, i have prepared a little video for you, to show you that i can't replicate such behaviour
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCnByrC58rk

Can you please advise?

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sinisa:

Thank you so much for replying and helping.

So, here is where you were unable to reproduce the problem, you need to go thru the entire registration process:

Here is how you can make it happen for you:

1) Register by choosing either of the two "NON Individual" accounts.
2) Complete registration
3) Return to site and login in as your new user account > go to the community > click About me, look..only two fields in the "About Me" section show up...where is the Address, City, State etc....those fields are not showing up but as you saw they are indeed checked "yes"in the back end and should appear.
4) Also when logged in, if you click edit profile you will also "NOT" see those fields which you selected to actually show up while trying to edit your account and so its not allowing you to edit your info if you were to move etc. - See Attached pic only Fax and Zip Code show up...where are all the other fields???

Please let me know what you find after trying this.

Dave

Attachments:
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi David

Please go through settings of all fields
I have just checked few, that you mentioned that are missing, mainly city, address etc.. and they are all set to "Admin Only"

When field is set to "Admin Only" it will only be used for Admin's reference, set during registration and can not be edited anymore. Useful for some secret info.
Also, please go through our documentation here documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Profile_Documentation
We have plenty of articles regarding custom profile fields, and constantly adding more

Thanks

Attachments:
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

YES!!!!!!!!! Thank you for figuring this out. I truly appreciate you coming thru on this. Works as it should and I have tested it with no issues - thanks again!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński