Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Uploaded video to a group is not shown on the stream

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

i'm running js 4.4.3 and if i upload a video to a group this action is not displayed to the stream (e.g. User x has uploaded a video to group Y).
Is this a normal behavior or is it a bug?

If i upload pictures to a group photo album, this action is displayed on the stream (e.g. User x has addes 3 pictures to the album Y in the Group Z).

Thanks
Greeting

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
Please, make sure that user point rule for video upload in NOT disabled at Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> User points.
Disabled rules also hide activities on the stream.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

the Point rule for "add Video" is enabled. but there is no rule for "add Video to Group".

If i upload a Video on the straml there is a notification in the stream "user xy has upload a Video". If i create a Group and add a Video on the "Group stream" or in the Video tab no notification is shown on the "global stream".

We are running jomsocial 4.5
It would be great if there is a notification on the "global stream" if a user Add a Video to a Group.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Video uploaded in group is displayed on main activity stream.
prntscr.com/his0fi

Please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

sorry for the late answer. The problem still exists on my page.

I created a new group "test". That is displayed on the activity stream. I uploaded a video to this group and this action is not displayed on the activity stream.
The group is set to public but the same problem occur with private groups.

I updated the first post and sent you the login credentials. You can see the first post which shows the group creation but you can not see a notification about the uploaded video.
I hope you can help me.

Thank you

EDIT: Ok, i'm talking about uploaded videos - not shared videos. I tested it with shared videos and this video is showing on the stream. But my uploaded Video "testb" is not showing on the stream.
So the problem exists only with uploaded videos.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

is there any support on this forum? In the past i got support very fast? I paid again 99$ for support and i got no reaction on my post in the last 2 days.
Don't get me wrong - i know sometimes there is a lot of work to do but any reaction would be great. I saw that someone logged in withe the credentials i posted on the first post.

Again, the problem with the missing video upload notification on the stream only occur with uploaded videos to my page. If i use the option "add video url" the notification about the new video is added to the stream.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I'm very sorry. Michał has left our support team and forgot to pass some of His cases to other moderators. I'll take care of Your issue, please just give me some time to figure out what can be wrong.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr,
thank you - yes of course, take the time that you need for solving the problem. I Just want to know if there is any problem with the support.
Thanks for the clarification.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I've run some tests and confirmed it's not because of configuration, but indeed a missing functionality in code. Reporting this to programmers, will let You know as soon as they reply.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr,

thank you. That sounds good. I hope there will be a fix soon :)
Can i disable the user that i mentioned in the first post or do you need further access to my site?

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi

Sorry for dealy. I got sick. Yes, please leave the user. I've passed the access to programmers as well, so they can check the problem directly.

The following user(s) said Thank You: phatair
6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr,

Thank you. I hope you are recovered and doing well.

I have enabled the user again because I disabled the user two days ago.

Best regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi

Yes, I feel much better. Thank You. Unfortunately no info about the problem yet, but I will inform You as soon as I'll know something.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Piotr,

is there any update? I dont see any logins on my page from the devs and i'm looking for a solution.
Is there any time frame for a solution?

Best regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński