Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Restrict content based on being a member in a JomSocial Group.

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

Hi,
How can I Restrict content (articles, module, and or plugins) based on being a member in a JomSocial Group.

/anders

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I am sorry do you mean Jomsocial members group? group members cant control the restrict content module or plugin on Joomla. But, in next mayor version you can control it via ACL, but only can configured via Joomla user group, please check this www.jomsocial.com/blog/jomsocial-4-4-dev...control-list-is-live

thank you!

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Yes I mean JomSocial Members Groups.

So how do you develop new modules, plugins, functionality, databases that are only accessible by members in a JomSocial Members Groups?

/anders

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Anders,

that is not easy job, you need hire 3rd party developer to achive it.

thank you!

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hmm, Im a little surprised that It should be complicated, after all the whole purpose of JomSocial is to enable social interactions, especially in groups.

What about API's? I missed something that can handle groups.

/anders

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andres,

The content, module and plugin is related with Joomla control, and Jomsocial members group is different.

Maybe the solution will be easier in next mayor version 4.4, which you can set Joomla Members Group / ACL for Jomsocial profile type, and with ACL you can control use to access content, module or plugin.

cheers!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński