Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Group Share Box entry create \n\n within words and email settings

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

it's ok if the newest Package contain the fixes ;)

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

I already sent it to your email

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

thank you Dimas i will try it..please delete my Email from you Post ;)

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

OK.. Already removed

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi Dimas, can you please ask the dev about the exact bugfix files for issue:

2. Group Settings for email Notification COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_WALL_NOTIFICATION is set to no but all Group Members received this \n\n email!

thanks

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Try this, open this file components/com_community/libraries/notification.php, find this code :

$sendIt = $params->get('etype_groups_invite');

replace to :
switch($cmdData[1]){
                                case 'wall':
                                    $sendIt = $params->get('etype_groups_wall_create');
                                break;
                                case 'invite':
                                    $sendIt = $params->get('etype_groups_invite');
                                break;
                           }

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi Dimas, i'v added your changes in components/com_community/libraries/notification.php but unfortunately your fix does not work! emails for wall entry are still send if COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_WALL_NOTIFICATION is unhooked in Group Settings!

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

b.t.w did your dev not tzest the fix before he release it? because now all email Notifications for Private Message not longer work! i have temp removed your fix and reuploaded the previous notification.php

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I see, I suggest you wait for version JS.4, maybe our developer put the patch for issue inside version JS4, so it will be broken on v3.2.1.5

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: I see, I suggest you wait for version JS.4, maybe our developer put the patch for issue inside version JS4, so it will be broken on v3.2.1.5

wait for Version JS4?? sorry to say but i hear the same song since the first Release..in 2.6.3 the Suggestion is wait for 2.8 in 2.8 the Suggestion is wait for 3.0 in 3.0 is the Suggestion wait for 3.2! Now i'm on 3.2 and you suggest me to wait for 4.0!? 4.0 is in Alpha Stage and needs again 2-3 Month to a stable release like 3.2.1.5!

1. the issue with Group Setting iss not caused by a 3rd party Extension, right?
2. it's also easy to replicate, right?

so why on earth it takes more then two Month for a working fix? please explain me this!

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Let me clarify this first, which issue is still happening, if in your latest report ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/21694-gro...ings?start=14#114381 ) you said the string issue in group setting is still exist.

Ok, Please you check again your backend and FTP access, I will check the code one by one, but please let me know which issue is still existing. Because this is weird on your site, I already gave you the latest package from the development latest code, just wondering why your issues are still exist :(

thank you

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi,

Let me clarify this first, which issue is still happening, if in your latest report ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/21694-gro...ings?start=14#114381 ) you said the string issue in group setting is still exist.

There is no issue with Language string in Group settings! The Setting COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_WALL_NOTIFICATION in Group Option did not work! if i unhook the setting! all Group Member still get a Email for new Wall entrys in Group! please make first Tests on your Local end and not within a Group on my livesite!

Ok, Please you check again your backend and FTP access, I will check the code one by one, but please let me know which issue is still existing. Because this is weird on your site, I already gave you the latest package from the development latest code, just wondering why your issues are still exist :(

Backend and FTP Access should work! yes you gave me the latest package but i tried it only on my test site and not on livesite! i'v added your new code from here www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/21694-gro...14618?quote=1#114333 in my livesite but after this changes the notification system was not longer worked for private messages!

issues wich still exists:
1. Notification Setting in Groups for Wall does not work
2. Group Share Box entry create \n\n within Status words ( we should debug this after Group setting issue is fixed)

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Where is the dev site? I won't test on your live site, but I will on your dev site with my latest package, because the the problem is your 2 issues are not happening on my localhost, thats why its make me confuse..

If you dont mind can you setup the clean Joomla and Jomsocial to test on your dev site, please? and let me know the info under Misc on this topic

And regarding another issue, please you post it separately, so we can focus one by one, and then to avoid the miscommunication during the debugging

thank you

Best

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi,

Where is the dev site? I won't test on your live site, but I will on your dev site with my latest package, because the the problem is your 2 issues are not happening on my localhost, thats why its make me confuse..

Acess to Dev site added..

If you dont mind can you setup the clean Joomla and Jomsocial to test on your dev site, please? and let me know the info under Misc on this topic

test site is clean but i would remind you that my livesite is a Uprade from 2.6.3!

And regarding another issue, please you post it separately, so we can focus one by one, and then to avoid the miscommunication during the debugging.

will do thanks..

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński