Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Group settings

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Is there ways to achieve the following?

1) Having a semi-private group whereby only members can post photos but anybody is able to view? Members will be able to joining by invitation only.

2) To have ACL for group photo albums. As in only the album creator will be able to post photos in that particular album.

If these are not an existing functions, what are the files required for customization?

Thank you..

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi April,

1. So you want set group as public, but when members want join tomyour group, the admin should moderate it, right? For this is impossible right now..to achive this you should hack the core code as well.. I suggest you hire the 3rd party dev for this one.

2. Currently jomsocial doesnt support ACL, but you can cofigure/edit each group, look at this "Allow Members to Upload Photos and Create Albums" and unchecked it

I hope it will help.

Thx

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas Tekad Santosa,

Thanks for the advice.

1. So you want set group as public, but when members want join tomyour group, the admin should moderate it, right? For this is impossible right now..to achive this you should hack the core code as well.. I suggest you hire the 3rd party dev for this one.
Reply: Possible to let me know the files need to be customized?

2. Currently jomsocial doesnt support ACL, but you can cofigure/edit each group, look at this "Allow Members to Upload Photos and Create Albums" and unchecked it
Reply: Once "Allow Members to Upload Photos and Create Albums", members cannot upload at all. What I wanted is the members can create albums and upload. But they can only upload to the albums that they create under group.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi April,

1. + 2. This customization is relly hard, i cant help you too much, you need hire the 3rd party dev to achive this

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I was previously told that the list of files required for customization will be communicated to me before I purchased the license. Please refer to www.jomsocial.com/forum/pre-sales-questi...77-new-type-of-group

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi April,

For every simple customization of course we will help you, but for this part customization is not as simple as you think, so we cant help you too much.

I hope you understand.

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, April. Nice to see you again.

I promised you a files list to modify and I'll keep my promise :)

Here it is for groups: (you'll need only files for frontend as new settings should be applied during group creation):

ROOT/components/com_community/controllers/groups.php
ROOT/components/com_community/libraries/groups.php
ROOT/components/com_community/helpers/groups.php
ROOT/components/com_community/models/groups.php
ROOT/components/com_community/tables/group.php
Also some changes probably will need t be applied to group templates: ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default
all files with pattern: groups.[name-of-template].php

Here it is for photo albums:

ROOT/components/com_community/helpers/albums.php
ROOT/components/com_community/table/album.php

But as Dimas said, you'll need a developer help to achieve what you want. And believe me, developer will know without our help in what files he need to ad his customization. All depends from developer skills and creativity.

Here is list of trusted JomSocial developers: www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

I wish you good luck.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: April
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński