• Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Currently there are only two type of groups:

Public - everyone can view and post
Private - only member can view and post

Can JomSocial provide a new type of groups?
New group - only member can post but every one can view

I tried the profile extension. But the profile extension revolves around tagging the profile to either public or private groups. But what I need is a new type of group. Can this be provided/customised if I purchase the software?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, April.

Probably you referring to privacy settings.

April wrote: New group - only member can post but every one can view

But this is set by default. If your community privacy settings are set to Public only members could add photos, videos, posts, send messages and join groups... but every one could see content.

You can test it here: you don't have to log in to see content... but if you want to add something you need to be a community member.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi April,
Thanks for your interest.
As it is a new feature request. Can you ask such request at uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-feature-request
Our related concern listening there.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal Dluzak,

What I wanted is that only invited members will be able to join a particular group (of some new group type). The invited members will be able to post but everyone (including public) can view the content.

I am hoping to use it as advertising platform, so that only invited advertisers will be able to post in a group (say fashion shop) for their new arrival. However, everyone should be view as the postings are meant for marketing.

Thank you.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Ashraf,

I have paid for JomSocial two years back so the subscription has expired. However, I am prepared to renew the subscription.

Just want to check under what circumstances will the requested feature be implemented? As I have already bought JomSocial once, I am likely to renew only if there is the new feature that I want.

Thank you.

10 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, April.

So you want to have a group that is part private (only invited users can join - group is moderated - and post) and part public (all other users could see content posted in that group).

As for now group could by only private or only public.

But what you want could be achieved by customizing the code of JomSocial with some help of developer.

Adding requested features is usually a long process :)

If you want to use it as a advertisement platform, maybe you consider to combine JomSocial with AdAgency?: adagency.ijoomla.com/ . You could assign some users to Joomla! group and allow them to add advertisements.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal Dluzak,

In this case, would the support team be able to advise on the files/codes requiring customization? That will make things much easier for my developer.

Thank you.

10 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, April.

We will, but only if you'll hold developer license for JomSocial.
With that subscription you'll get access to developer forum and there our developers could advise you where changes should be made... but we'll not provide complete solution for this.

10 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

But I just need to know the files required customization. I suppose I don't need developer license since I don't have much programming background.

Would it be possible to just have the required files for customization with only professional license? I will just need limited advice.

10 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, April.

Yes, we could point you out files that will need customization.

10 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • April
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I have purchased the license. How do I go about requesting for the list of files required for customization?

Thank you.

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, April.

Open new thread, explain in details what you want to achieve :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński