Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Join Group Button not refreshing page 2

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi there,

This is an enquiry to a previous post entitled: Join Group Button not refreshing page
www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/13291-joi...efreshing-page#71306

Basically when the Jon group button is depressed the page does not refresh to show the invite friends button.
So the user does join the group, but they have to refresh the page manually to cause the change in state of the button. Which if you don't know to do that, you are left not knowing if you have successfully joined or not.

I reported this bug about 4-5 months ago and it seems it still has not been fixed in any update.

So I'm glad someone has found a temporary solution. The code was provided on the above page to resolve this issue, but I have no idea what file this code must be inserted.

Please could you advise:

Here is the code:

<!-- Focus Title , Add as friend button -->
<div class="js-focus-header">
<div class="row-fluid">
<div class="span5 offset3">
<h3><?php echo $group->name; ?></h3>
</div>
<div class="span4 text-right">
<!-- invite friend button -->
<?php if($isMember) { ?>
<div class="btn btn-primary" onclick="joms.invitation.showForm(null,'groups,inviteUsers','<?php echo $group->id;?>',1,1)"><i class="js-icon-user-add"></i><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_INVITE_FRIENDS'); ?></div>
<?php } elseif ( $waitingApproval ) { ?>
<div class="btn btn-primary" onclick="joms.groups.join(<?php echo $group->id;?>)"><i class="com-icon-waiting"></i><?php echo JText::_('Request Sent!'); ?></div>
<?php } else { ?>

<div class="btn btn-primary" onclick="joms.groups.join(<?php echo $group->id;?>)"><i class="js-icon-user-add"></i><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_JOIN'); ?></div>

<?php }?>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>

many thanks
Template

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi template,

go to \components\com_community\templates\default and find groups.viewgroup.php. Open that file and go to line 41..

Don't forget to backup groups.viewgroup.php file before you start edit this file :)

Can you upgrade your jomsocial into 3.1.1 please :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi David

Updated js and inserted coe to file but it made no difference.

regards
Template

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi There

Any that can help further?

Thanks
J

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi J,

I found which pluigns made this problem... if you disable "kunena - groups" plugins, your jomsocial group will be fine.. For a week i tried how can i still enabled this component and make your group working fine.. but i think this is about kunena or your template..

Please read this article from kunena : www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_Add-ons and this www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues/7650-join-group#45451 had the same issue and error like your web :)

You're using kunena 3.0 which is in that article "Kunena Groups Plug-in for JomSocial" is not compatible..

PS : Your "Kunena Groups" plugin still disable :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi David

I see that plugin is now disabled and join groups button now works fine.
This is very interesting because we were aware that the plugin was not working anymore,
and had some custom work done to create a plugin that create forums for Jomsocial groups. This custom plugin still works, so disabling the old kunena plugin is no skin off our nose. Plus we have the join group button working, which is great!

many thanks David for all your hard work and research

regards
J

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński