Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed showing up on Events

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I have a client's site which has used JomSocial for a while and has used the Events plugin on it. Recently though, the Events page stopped working and started to produce the message 'Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed'

I found this other forum post ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/35597-err...d-events-not-working ) about the issue and if I comment out the pagination code like they suggest it does start working, although that obviously isn't a good fix . I don't have any YooTheme things installed on the site, including WidgetKit so I'm not sure what's caused this issue.

Thanks,
Dave

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Dave.

Thank you for contacting us.
I assign developer to investigate this issue further.
He'll contact you at Monday.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Dave,

your backend access is not working, would you mind check again and provide me the correct one, please?

this issue usually caused by 3rd party template, please you try change to another template for testing purpose, let me know how it goes..

thank you!

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Apologies Dimas, for some reason the support account was disabled. I have enabled it now and tested that it is working so the details I previously provided will allow you to get access now.

Dave

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dave,

Please you upgrade to version 4.3.4 and let me know how it goes.. I hope it will be fine there :)

thank you!

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

DImas,

I downloaded the latest version and installed it but it just became caught in a loop with the installer, so it went through the process of updating the databases etc then gave me the option of clicking the 'Done' button. When I did that though, it just restarted the installer process. I returned to the site admin page and then tried to go back to JomSocial, but again I got the installer process. So I then logged into our server and manually deleted the 4 installer files from the component folder and was able to access JomSocial in the administrator section. It confirmed there that it is now 4.3.4 Pro but the serialization error is still there for the Events section.

Dave

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dave,

Maybe the loop is cache issue, i see the jomsocial backend is upgraded well now..

Anyway, would you mind provide me FTP account please? I will track the code..

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I did fully clear the browser cache and Joomla cache but still got the looping error.

I'm afraid we don't have FTP access available for the site.

Dave

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dave,

Actaully its fine for me..

How about cPanel access, do you have it?

thank you

Attachments:
6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yeah, I fixed the looping error by manually removing the install files from the component folder on the server.

Sorry, it's company policy to not provide cPanel or FTP access to any external sources for shared servers.

Dave

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dave,

Hard for me inspect this issue without FTP access.. but please you try open this /components/com_community/views/events/view.html.php, find this code

$data->pagination = $model->getPagination();

try to remove it or change to
try{
$data->pagination = $model->getPagination();
}catch(exception $e){
// 
}

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I realise it might make things trickier but I am held by the company policy I'm afraid.

I had previously removed that line as it was suggested in another forum post and it did cause the page to start working but am I right in thinking that will cause the pagination to not show? I also tried changing it to what you suggested above but that just caused it to have the same serialization error.

Dave

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dave,

Please check again, this issue caused by cache system, i disabled cache from Joomla and works fine now.. I suggest you change the cache system, like use jot cache, because cache on joomla hard to be controlled.

thank you!

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It's working because I removed the line of code you told me to remove, not because of the cache being disabled! By removing that line of code though, does that not disable the pagination of the events?

Dave

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński