Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Error: 0 Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed (Events not working)

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
The event list does not show up anymore. I get error 0: Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed
I could also find out what is causing this problem.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Use latest version
2 Link Events in menu or use index.php?option=com_community&view=events

RESULT
Error 0: Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed

EXPECTED RESULT
Show events

BROWSER
IE, Firefox, Chrome

The problem can be found in /components/com_community/views/events/view.html.php in line 313

// Get pagination object
$data->pagination = $model->getPagination();
If I comment out the pagination the event list will load. Of course there is no pagination which makes it some kind of useless, too. Can you fix this?

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Guido.

Thank you for contacting us.
I assign developer to investigate this further.
He'll contact you ASAP.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Guido,

Would you mind provide me FTP and backend access, please?

thank you!

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I found out what is causing this problem. I have Widgetkit from YooTheme enabled (system plugin Widgetkit content). It has been working before, but since newer version of it it does not.

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

YooTheme is not responding so far. Can you solve it? Many are having this problem, also in YooTheme forums.

7 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Guido,

I am soorry, i dont have idea for this, I am not YooTheme expert.. I suggest you change the template or bump again their support.

thank you

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

YooTheme's Widgetkit is not a template. It's a component to build galleries and other stuff.
This problem only occurs on JomSocial's Events site, all other sites work. So there is a conflict with yours and their programming.

Maybe now you have an idea because your support is more responsible than theirs.

As I found out the pagination is causing this problem. If I uncomment this it will work for 5 events (next pages are missing of coure):

/components/com_community/views/events/view.html.php in line 313
// Get pagination object
$data->pagination = $model->getPagination();

7 years 4 months ago
7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yes, thank you. Those are all old posts. In 2015 and 2016 the problem has already been coming up and could be solved by unpublishing the ZOO Widgetkit plugin for people who don't use ZOO component (including me). With the recent version of Widgetkit this is not possible anymore, because the system plugin already gives this error.

The problem is the pagination of events with Widgetkit enabled. Can this pagination be solved different?

7 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Guido,

Im sorry, I really dont have any idea for this, since this is coming from their plugin, and actually this issue is beyond our support scope. please you contact Zoo developer again.

thank you

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I can not say who's fault this is, I can only say that many people are using JomSocial and Widgetkit so this got to be fixed. Since you can't fix it and YooTheme is not responding we users will be the ones who have to deal with it. So I can only show 5 events by commenting out YOUR code, because Widgetkit is used on many subpages and will not break after the customization.

Thank you for your time.

7 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Guido,

I suggest you change your template, that is wise solution, since we dont have any issue like this on another template.

thank you!

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Widgetkit is not a template.

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Guide.

It seems that you become trapped between two developers. I'm sorry for this but please understand: it seems that issue is caused by Widgetkit. You mentioned in your first post: "It has been working before, but since newer version of it it does not." What actually means they cause issue with their latest upgrade... if so they should review their code and take a look what was changed... why it worked before and now not. The problem with Joomla! is that developers are playing with their extensions ignoring other components that may be used along.

I'm afraid we can't fix this as JomSocial didn't broke anything. I'm really sorry and I hope that Widgetkit developer will finaly take responsibility for that issue.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński