Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Enable guest to view user events (and groups)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Guests visiting any user profile cannot view the profile owners events. They are redirected to login every time.

Any progress on this topic which was started 3 weeks ago here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/12119-ena...er-groups-and-events

Its essential to resolve this and I dont mind hard coding if someone could give a solution to removing 'permissions' on these links please.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this in a new post. The fix should be included with the next release, a this point our devs are still investigating the problem.

Thanks!

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • maz01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. you promised the fix would be in the next update. This issue has been pending for months. I am really desperate to get this solved. Please can you help? Even if the fix is a long way off, can someone please give me some hints how to code this permission problem, so I can try fixing it myself.

....Please?

10 years 2 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

The next release (major release, not a hotfix) will be released soon. It should include this fix as well.

Thank you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński