Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Enable guest to view user groups and events

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Real
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

HI,

when i browse to a user profile and open the users events or groups url i got an error.

Events
Sorry, you are not allowed to view this page.
Perhaps you should login to the site. To join the fun, just register as a member

Groups
You do not have permission to view this resource. Please contact the Site Administrator.

how can i enable unregistered users to able view groups or events of other users?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Real

Please check your menu items ACL levels
You have most likely set the groups and events menu to be accessed by Registered users only

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Real
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hello,
I allready checked, but cant find a group or event item. It is also after a clean install.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Real

Can you please advise step by step how to replicate this?
I have just been on your site, there is only two users and no groups and no events
I can click on the other users groups or events and im taken to the respective pages of groups or events with 0 result.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Real
  • Visitor
Licenses:

This is because the site is in offline mode, so you allready logged in. You can put the site in online mode and try again without logging in. You will see that guest unable to view groups and events, even there is no groups available. This is also on the demo site of jomsocial.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Real

I know what im doing
I have put your site in online mode and was perfectly able to see the groups and events pages without being logged in.
Once i finished, i have put your site back to offline mode.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Real
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi, sorry I was a suggestion, I though you logged in.

Now I have put the site in online mode and change to the default template and got the same issue.

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Real

Are we looking at the same site?

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Real
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hello Sinisa,

Yes, we are looking on the same site. I can open the all events page, but not the events and groups from the user profile page.

See attachment for the links what doesn't work.

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Real does have a point. He is correct that those errors appear for non-logged in users.
'You do not have permission to view this resource' appears for BOTH groups and events, if any non-registered user clicks the two links (Events or Groups) shown in Real's images.

However, the video and photos links along next to the other two work. Only the events and groups give that error. Also. the 'VIEW all groups' link in the right column groups module gives the same error.

I was wondering if we need to create a menu links to Groups and Events (hidden but active) somewhere in joomla? Otherwise need to resolve this.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The same issue can be seen on the current jomsocial demo site. So perhaps its not an error, BUT how can we make it work???? These event and group links seem essential. If someone visits this profile, we must have a way of guests viewing these.

See this listing: demo.jomsocial.com/demos/

see the profile of the demo: Jesica Davis. She has 5 Groups and 1 Event showing in the top profile links. If you click any of these lionks you get the same permission errors. On the same profile, under her 'Groups' module in the right colum, click @view all groups' and again you get a permissiions error.

The above describes the problems precisely. This profiles' 'photos' and 'videos' links work perfectly well, but the events and groups links requires users to first login.

So the question is HOW can we get these links to show for non-registered users?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Real

Ive been able to replicate the issue after you described it properly and already notified devs about this behaviour.

@maz01, please always start your own topic instead merging into existing one, even if its absolutely the same.

Thank You

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Any resolution to this problem yet?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Maz

I have asked you nicely not to bump the other peoples posts.
Once solution is provided it would be given to the community the same day.

Thank You

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński