Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Is code supposed to change from affiliates?

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired AdAgency Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
My Ads are not showing. I'm using Comission Junction and pasting in the code from them. When I save and return to look at it the code is not the same. That isn't supposed to change is it?

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I assign this topic to ad agency developer. please wait for he respond.

Regards

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

This has been like a week with no help. What's up with that???

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,
Please copy/paste that code in a .txt file and send it to me by email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I will try it and see what is wrong. Some affiliate codes contain spaces and special chars inside that can broke JS code inside adagency.
Please advise,
Alin

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hello,
I took the code for a 125x125 CJ banner for CheapOAir. I put in what it is when I get it and the what it changes it to.

Attachment COde_for_banner.txt not found

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Can you please provide us ftp account access? I need to check this component and zone module files.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

I emailed you the FTP login details

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

I see that the ads are working now. Can I get some feedback please??? Is this fixed?

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Can you please update me as to what is going on? If we do not use the ads from CJ we will lose them as advertisers. This has been like a month now...

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

The issue was with zone based per keywords, you set that zone to show ads per keywords but your ads doesn't have the correct keywords added. You need to add the exactly keyword on your ad, not just an word from that keywords list.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

How does that effect the code?

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

I did my best to look at what you did but I'm unclear. I look at what you put in and that phrase appears no where in the article or meta tags. In fact, I had info in the meta tags and went in to look at it and it is gone now. Did you remove that?

You instructions say "Here you can enter keywords for this banner. If at least one keyword appears in the article keyword meta tag. And the zone is set to "display keywords", this banner will be displayed."

I used the meta tag "air" I had in the article and in the zone. It appears you've removed the meta tags and put in random words. And the ads are not showing on the correct page. They are supposed to display on the "Air" related pages and they do not. Here is the page where it is supposed to appear www.starlightinc.com/index.php/transport...n/air-transportation and it is blank. Here is where it does appear. www.starlightinc.com/index.php in the CJ 125x125 area.

This is NOT resolved. You just made an ad show somewhere on the site it is not supposed to.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

I tried an experiment, I put the phrase in the meta tag in the page I want and the ad shows correctly. So how do I now get it off of the front page? I only want ads related to a topic on that page. So if we have air travel ads I want them on Air travel pages and so on.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Sir, you are incorrect. I'm trying to put a new affiliate ad in from CJ and it is changing the ad. I don't know what you did but I can't get the code to say the same.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński