Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Overriding language constants changes links

1 year 6 months ago
  • Vitalii's Avatar
    Topic Author
  • Vitalii
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 17
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I found strange behavior when I change some language constants.
If the language constant contains a reference (for example, COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_REPLY_DISCUSSION) and I try to override it in the manager, the link disappears or leads to the root of the site. Go to group, see comment or member profile becomes impossible. Have any idea? Thanks)

Attachments:
1 year 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Vitalii..

Thank you for contacting us.
Yes, because your override text is wrong.
_QQQ_ states for "
So in your text you have:

<a href="_QQQ_1$s_QQQ_">2$s</a>

When parsed by Joomla! result is:
<a href=""link"">text</a>

Note double quotation mark.

So your override should be:
<a href=_QQQ_1$s_QQQ_>2$s</a>

or
<a href="1$s">2$s</a>

One or another but NEVER both together.


- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vitalii
1 year 6 months ago
  • Vitalii's Avatar
    Topic Author
  • Vitalii
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 17
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The fact is that I do not change anything in the link. Just click on the VALUE of the constant and keep it the same value. The value of the constant was automatically obtained by the Language Manager (see attached screenshot).

This method works fine: <a href="1$s">2$s</a>
Thanks!

1 year 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Vitalii.

So that could mean that mistake is in language file or Joomla! parses it that way.
Nevertheless fix is valid ;)


- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vitalii
1 year 6 months ago
  • Vitalii's Avatar
    Topic Author
  • Vitalii
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 17
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yes, I agree with you, Michał. Your solution works fine, thanks!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński
Powered by Kunena Forum

Join 180,000 websites creating Amazing communities

JomSocial is the most complete, easy-to-use addon that turns Joomla CMS into a
full -fledged, social networking site

TRY NOW BUY NOW