I'm working on my Dutch (NL) translation. While checking the result, I would like to change some translated strings.
How can I trace back which string to change when a translation is shown on the live site?
I can search in the translated files on the translated text I want to change, but there are a lot of duplicaties and then it is not clear which one to change.
Thank you for contacting us.
You need to use more specific part to narrow down search result.
Searching part of translation text is the only way
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Please follow my way of thinking:
If I make my Joomla site multi language, and I install 3 languages: English, Dutch and aan fake-language (just a language I don't use).
When I see an translation error in Dutch of English, I can switch the site over to the fake language. If there is no JomSocial language pack installed for this fake language, do the original strings show up?
If so, I can use that to find the correct string.