Following the conversation on this thread:
Need help on this, language produces this error. The current language is es-ES.
Please notice I completed my registration on Transifex, requested access to the jomsocial translation project and was rejected (Without a reason).
Thank you for contacting us.
We do not provide reason for rejecting users in Transifex. We just can't disable it. Our policy is to have ONE translator per language and Spanish Translator is already present. You don't need to be Transifex member to download language pack as they are available here: www.jomsocial.com/translations
I see that Spanish translation stuck somewhere... I'll ask Translator if he's still with us. If not - are you interested to join translation project in exchange of free license? :)
In Jan's case it was much easier to locate which language string has fault. In your case is much harder as there are many on that page.
What you can do:
- disable error reporting and just hide that warning. it's not an error, but just warning. It won't influence your system performance in any way.
Browse to Backend -> System -> Global configuration -> Server -> Error displaying -> Default or NONE
- check if translation available on translation page do not have this issue.
- compare English and Spanish language files and locate where fault is. Probably somewhere too many placeholders are used. Just like in Jan's case.
Thank you Michał. I understand that you do not give an explanation, that is clear. But in some instances on this forum some of the moderators have recomended "go to transifex and participate" and that is what I did.
Even when the exchange policy sounds great, I don´t see myself alone translating the whole thing. That should be a team work not only because of the extension but because it means changing the language but respecting the spirit of the most important community software on the web. I have a great deal of respect for jomsocial, have been around here since it looked like something made on an Atari computer. So if I can be part of a team, i´ll be on it.
Finaly, I have done your recomendations already, that´s why i´m here. Debug is set to NONE and it still showing that warning on the frontpage. Have been comparing the english and spanish file for some time. Maybe on of this days I´ll find this bug but that´s a lot of lines there.
Thank you for your help, i´ll notify here if I find a solution. Thanks.
We have rather different experience - in past there was many users that applied to the project... but most of them just wanted to download files. Also they often just abandon the project or edit what was already translated only to fit their needs. We decided to have one translator that is responsible for whole thing. Having one person to work with we could also reward his/hers efforts.
As for you issue - if setting to NONE do not hide the warning, it means your server is not configured properly as it should follow Joomla! settings.
error_reportings should be set to none.
Further readings: www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/warnings/