Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

What's the best to handle dynamic translation without .ini files

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hey, guys this is something different that way joomsocial works!
This is what i want to do:
I have a site with two languages: spanish and english, sometimes we don't want use the name that joomsocial use, i know i can override the files and change it, but i want to do this through a component, so what i am asking for if exists something similar to the approach i am trying to do or if someone else can guide me with some ideas, I will appreciate it.

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I found i can do this: docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla

But what happen if i try to do this just for a specific group not all groups, i couldn't find a plugin hook to trigger an event to do the same that JLanguage class does, any ideas on this?

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Antonio.

Thank you for contacting us.
You have 3 options in this case:

- customize language ini file
- use Joomla! language override feature
- edit language constant directly in component file... but this is rather useless as you'll need to edit dozen of files and create layout overrides to keep changes

So the best solution is to use language override.... but you can't create overrides for certain group or situation only. It override language constant once and for all so wherever it appears it become changed. This is the idea of language override. Adding additional settings similar to module assignment and menu items will complicate whole thing a lot.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński