The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Missing link for groups activities

8 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active AdAgency Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Hi, i'm tranlating my jomsocial from english to french, so i'am encounter a big Because in french language it's impossible to translate the following in a similar way for singular an plural activities :

Original :
COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_GROUP_JOIN=" joined the group <a href=_QQQ_%1$s_QQQ_>%2$s</a>"

This is the translation for

singular
COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_GROUP_JOIN=" a rejoint le groupe <a href=_QQQ_%1$s_QQQ_>%2$s</a>"

and for Plural :
COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_GROUP_JOIN=" ont rejoint le groupe <a href=_QQQ_%1$s_QQQ_>%2$s</a>"

So could you add a line like this for the next update? :

COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_GROUP_JOIN_PLURAL=" ont rejoint le groupe <a href=_QQQ_%1$s_QQQ_>%2$s</a>"

Regards

8 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

at English COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_GROUP_JOIN always singular.
e.g: User A joined the group Group A

could you please give me the example?

Regards

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active AdAgency Expired

Hi Albertus thank you for your response. I've found how to solve that so we have to let the code like this (without "a" or "ont") :
COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_GROUP_JOIN=" rejoint le groupe <a href=_QQQ_%1$s_QQQ_>%2$s</a>"

So the system will display "ont rejoint" when 2 or more people joint a group (which is a past tense: equivalent to "have made something")
and "rejoint" when only one person joint the group (which is a present tense). It's limit but acceptable!

I did'nt see it before probably due to a cache
More infos about tenses here :

Thanks

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński