8 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Vitalii
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
English version '... and 4 others have joined the group ...' in Russian translation looks like '... 4 других {multiple}{actors}{/multiple}{single}{actor}{/single} присоединились к этой группе ...'.

Substring '{multiple}{actors}{/multiple}{single}{actor}{/single}' is a bug?

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

Attachments:
8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the issue with Russia language it self. I put the fix by using joomla language overrides:
for
COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_GROUP_JOIN
and I changed the text from
{multiple}{actors}{/multiple}{single}{actor}{/single} присоединились к этой группе <a href="%1$s">%2$s</a>
to
присоединились к этой группе <a href="%1$s">%2$s</a>

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Smirnov, Vitalii
8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

@Vitalii,

Thank you for reporting this string. Please feel free to report whatever else you might find and I will be happy to correct my JomSocial Russian localisation accordingly.

@Albertus,

Strangely enough, but in my Russian localisation I don't see the {multiple}{actors}{/multiple}{single}{actor}{/single} in the COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_GROUP_JOIN string in JS main front end file, see my screenshot attached below.

How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!' .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vitalii
8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Vitalii
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Alex wrote: @Vitalii,

Thank you for reporting this string. Please feel free to report whatever else you might find and I will be happy to correct my JomSocial Russian localisation accordingly.

@Albertus,

Strangely enough, but in my Russian localisation I don't see the {multiple}{actors}{/multiple}{single}{actor}{/single} in the COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_GROUP_JOIN string in JS main front end file, see my screenshot attached below.

Thanks, Alex!
I found other translation errors in Russian and Ukrainian localizations. I downloaded the latest version from this website, Translations section.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Smirnov
8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Vitalii,

No worries. Please post those mistakes that you found in Russian localisation, one per a single thread, in this Translation forum, and I will be more than happy to check them for you and, if needed, correct the corresponding texts in the JS Russian localisation pack.

Cheers,

Alex

How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!' .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vitalii
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński