The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Admin and group admin can even if unchecked

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi guys and gals,

Congrats on fabulous job on JomSocial 4! It looks stunning, from both back- and front end.

In JomSocial 4 front end source com_community.ini there is a string, which I am struggling to translate:

"Admin and group admin can even if unchecked"

Actually, there are three of them, although each with it's own key:

COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_PHOTO_UPLOAD_ALLOW_MEMBER_TIPS="Admin and group admin can even if unchecked"

COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_VIDEO_UPLOAD_ALLOW_MEMBER_TIPS="Admin and group admin can even if unchecked"

COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_EVENTS_MEMBERS_CREATION_TIPS="Admin and group admin can even if unchecked"

Please advise.

Regards,

Alex

How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!' .
9 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reporting, I will report this to our developer.

thank you

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks, Dimas. Looking forward at hearing from your guys.

By the way, for some reasons I don't see "Reply Topic" knob when I visit topics created by other users and can not participate in them. Why is that?

Regards,

Alex

How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!' .
9 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Alex,

I got an answer from our Project Owner, this string idea is for enable the different translation for every tooltip and title.

thank you

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas,

Thank you for your reply.

I assume the "Admin and group admin can even if unchecked" actually meant to be "Admin and group admin can, even if unchecked", implying ""Admin and group admin [still] can/will be able to [perform this task], even if [this option has been left] unchecked".

"can even if" without a comma after the "can", can be interpreted in many ways, as "even" is also a verb, meaning "become even", "level up". Once there is a comma after the "can", the "even" clearly takes on a meaning of the "even" adverb, emphasizing something.

Just my 2c :)

Have a fabulous week.

Cheers,

Alex

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński