Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Italian Language

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have seen in the forum that you suggest to go here ( www.transifex.com/projects/p/jomsocial/language/it/ ) and download the language files for the Italian language.

My question is: where should I put each single file of this list? Is it possible to have a single installation package?

thank you in advance,

Sergio

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Sergio,

this is the steps :

1. Download and Install Italian Joomla language package from here community.joomla.org/translations/joomla...nslations.html#it-it
2. Download all files from here www.transifex.com/projects/p/jomsocial/language/it/ and rename each files like the list
3. Upload files from step #2 to folder language/it-IT/

I hope it will help.

Thank you

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

So, if I understand correctly, I should delete the "for_use_jomsocial" prefix by all files, correct? :)

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Yes you should delete it.

Eg, you download mod_activegroups.ini, and the download file become like this for_use_jomsocial_mod_activegroups_it.ini you should change it to be mod_activegroups.ini

i hope it will help

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry man, but this didn't work.

I have uploaded all the files without the prefix in the language/it-it folder (both in the principal root that in the admin folder) but nothing changed..

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Sergio,

On administrator/index.php?option=com_languages I cant see italian package, please you install it first download the package from here community.joomla.org/translations/joomla...nslations.html#it-it

thank you

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

OK I just installed italian package by myself, please check again now..

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Wow it's amazing: i was trying this in a twin site like the one I have registered and where you have installed the language package (in the other one there was already the italian package), but it does not work.

the only difference between the two sites is that in the one where i was operating there are three different menus, linked with the three different languages. and when i select Italian, jomsocial remains in english.

Do you think this can be the cause? I know I have inserted one site in the registration process, but do you think you can have a look also at the other site?

Thank you again Dimas

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Sergio,

You didnt install italian Joomla italian package before, the package from here community.joomla.org/translations/joomla...nslations.html#it-it and then I installed jomsocial italian package you can download it from here www.jomsocial.com/translations/translations/it-IT

From today, we already updated our translation addson www.jomsocial.com/translations so you simply can choose the translation, download it and install it.

thx

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Solved: there was an error in the rename operation of the files.

thank you, man!

But, may I ask you why there is not a ready language pack for the italian language, since all the files are translated? :)

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

For upgrading please you create your request on sales / billing theard

here is the italian package www.jomsocial.com/translations/translations/it-IT

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński