Error with file en-GB.com_community.ini translated to catalan

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello, I've been down days with this file translate a page where catalan joomla applications. What happens is that from the 2253 line does not allow apostrophes ('). In previous lines if so and if I delete the lines of 2253 to end the file works, but only to add the 2253 file no longer works. I have translated many times things and the truth is that it had not found me. Convert the file to UTF-8 NO BOM. We change the name by the following: ca-ES.com_community.ini and I put it in the folder / language / ca-ES and nothing. The truth is that I do not understand. Know someone who may be going?. Thank you very much!.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Amistad.

Try this: delete 2253line if it is a trouble maker.
Then add this deleted constant using Joomla! language override feature.
Also you may try _QQ_instead of apostrophe...

To see changes on site you need to set additional language for content (Gestor d'idiomes: Idiomes pel contingut) and set joomla! into multilingual mode: www.scribd.com/doc/82768844/Joomla-2-5-m...tensions-in-10-steps

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amistad
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal. I return to the subject and have if well explain.

I downloaded the file catalan two places (be it is not official translation), just ask for help because I do not understand why it does not work.

All that was downloaded arcivos work in admin, but .... on site does not work.

I am attaching the file.

Because no works. code is in UTF-8 NO BOM

H e also tried in many ways to another file and I can not make it work. There must be some problem that I do not know.

Can you tell me your opinion?.

Thank you very much .....

EDIT: File Info privately

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Amistad.

When I log to your frontend with administrator credentials and browse to JomSocial frontapage I see: "Activitats recents"
In Spanish it will be "Actividades recientes". So I'm seeing Catalan, right?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

If there catalan, that is the most rare. In the catalan admin ok. On site, the ca-ok file ES.com_community.ini few lines, other lines do not.
When not like those lines, then find the file lines in English (this position in Castilian). The English file is put into Castilian for the catalan ok if, instead of going out in Castilian in English.

It seems that the file catalan site is not accepted in some parts of the community and do not know why. So my question.

Sorry for the inconvenience ......

Thank you very much .....

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Amistad.

JomSocial comes with English language by default. Other translations are contributed by community.
So, you'll need to review you Catalan language file and check if there are no errors.
If somewhere Catalan is not applied check what language constant is used for that (check in English language files). And if Catalan lack this constant - just add it with proper translation.

10 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Amistad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you very much Michal.

I've done it in a 1000 translation lines. Between English and catalan file, and everything in catalan, (there may be an error). But ..... well .....

I hope I do not have problems when you need to upgrade.

Thank you very much again!. You're a CRACK!

Greetings!.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński