Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Greek Translation: Official topic

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Greetings. I'm the new translator for greek language in JomSocial. My name is Manos Gryparis and I'm an editor-in-chief of Gameworld.gr and a journalist with 11 years of experience in greek sports sites and sports radio stations.

I have scanned all the sentences translated so far, corrected some mistakes and since yesterday I have started translating the missing parts.

Guidelines
- Internet terminologies such as "Download", "Upload" will not be translated so that users can understand them. Words like "Κατέβασμα", "Ανέβασμα" have different meaning in greek.
- Sentences will be translated so that they are meaningful. This means that the order of some words will change when needed.
- Formal (2nd plural) verbs will be used towards user (not 3rd singular).

For any suggestions/changes please wait until the translation is completed and then post them in this topic.

Thank you.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Manos,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. We apparently had a real issue on our forum and some posts simply were not visible for us. I realize this is very late, but is there anything we can do for you at this time? Do you still need help?

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Everything ok. Sorry for not completing 100%. I think I will do it within the end of March, maybe later.

Thank you.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

There is something weird with the translation. I can't translate all those strings that you see on the left.

I get an error like "%s is on the source font but not on the translation."

I have no idea what this means!

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Manos,

that 's' mean for dynamic variable at translation language.
'%s' is wrong translation language variable. it must '%1$s' or '%2$s' or '%3$s' or '$s'. please trying that possibility.

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I can't understand you. There is no ' In order to understand you, you must write me a translation example for an other language, so that I can fill the greek words around.

Sentence: %1$s joined your group, %2$s ⏎ ⏎ To view the group, follow the link below:⏎ ⏎ <a href=_QQQ_{url}_QQQ_>{url}</a>
Translation: __________________________

Sentence: Hi {target},⏎ ⏎ {actor} just placed a new post on the wall in the group, %1$s. ⏎ ⏎ Message:⏎ ⏎ %2$s⏎ ⏎ ⏎ You can read the message at:⏎ ⏎ <a

Sentence: Hi {target},⏎ ⏎ {actor} tagged you in a video. To view this video, please click the link below:⏎ ⏎ {url}⏎ ⏎ ⏎ Have a nice day!

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Manos,

Here the example (using google translate):
Sentence: %1$s joined your group, %2$s ⏎ ⏎ To view the group, follow the link below:⏎ ⏎ <a href=_QQQ_{url}_QQQ_>{url}</a>
Translation: %1$ s εντάχθηκε στην ομάδα σας,%2$ s ⏎ ⏎ Για να δείτε την ομάδα, ακολουθήστε τον παρακάτω σύνδεσμο: ⏎ ⏎ <a href=_QQQ_{url}_QQQ_> {url} </ a>

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi Manos,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

With the new Transifex system those markers appear like gaps. So basically I can nornally translate now. I have 500 lines left for translation and afterwards only the backend has been left.

I'd like to ask how can I download the whole translation and use it immediatelly, without translating the backend. Shall I wait something for your side or I can download it from Transifex? If yes then how?

Thank you.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Manos,

You can edit the translation files at laguages folder.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

You didn't understand my question.

When I will finish the translation with the frontend, let's say that everything will be translated except the backend (that is only visible to admins so no big deal).

After this, are you going to provide us a link to download the greek translation? If my translation immediatelly available (at least for me) to install it to my live site and test it?

I need more and specific details.
Thank you.

9 years 11 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Manos,

I understand the issue you raise and am currently looking at the problem you describe with the translation. Right now we are completely overhauling all the jomsocial translations. how / who is translating for us and the ability to download the language packs directly fed out of Transifex on our Jomsocial site. This way customers can get the packs in real time with a single click. I will contact you by email early in the week regarding the assistance you have given us so far with translations.

On a separate issue you raised The uservoice is being completely cleaned up and is 75% done. The issue you had with voting on ideas will also be all corrected by Monday / Tuesday. It isn't until the ideas are closed / dealt wit that you get your votes back. I am sorry things seemed like they were never getting done, but we are finally on top of it all now. These last few things are almost complete. It has been a huge Job so far :)

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Manos,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński