Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Are you wondering ifthere was a way tocustomize allofthose notific. emails?

8 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

This Q&A comes from a different original post in the general technical support questions in a different thread because it was always something that was on my mind so I figured I'd ask!

But nopeee didn't get an answer, but it's all good I looked into it myself and found the EXACT answer that I was looking for.

Original question:

I was just wondering how to set up a custom email system for all of the notification and email options for user activity and also even just for confirming new user registration whether it was done through FB integration or your own registration process.

Right now I set up the new user registrations to automatically accept new users without verifying their email address and without sending out a confirmation link.

In the future I would like to be able to set up email verification as well as nocaptcha so I don't have to worry about robot users.

I already set up a cron job on my hosting server and instead of the 5 minute option I have it set to 1 minute because lets be realistic what new user is going to want to have to wait 5 whole minutes just to get that email verification???

So my cron job is all set up, but I'm still unsure of how the whole email system works with Joomla! and JomSocial. I know it has more to do with my hosting provider and setting it up on Cpanel, but at the same time it is really unclear as to how I should go about setting all of that up via Joomla! and JomSocial.

Ideally in the future I want to be able to set up the email system so I can have my own custom text and even company logo and name brand to give my website users a more professional experience. So far I haven't stumbled upon anything that mentions how to do this so I would really really appreciate it if you could help me out with this!!!

My own answer:

This company: techjoomla.com/products has three different products to assist you with third party email support and customization.

One allows you to send out custom invite emails to email lists to try to acquire new users with a nice dashboard to monitor your efforts and success, another one allows you to just make really custom professional emails by catching them and putting on a nice template or even your own fancy template and CSS is you choose, and then another one has to do with J!MailAlerts Support Subscription & Commercial Plugins.

Also, besides these three products that I just mentioned I'm sure there are others out there (I just recently herd about Mail Chimp - will have to check it out some more and get back to you guys), but this company specializes within the Joomla! community and even for plugins and components for JomSocial such as JBolo which is a messenger component for Joomla! and JomSocial.

They are the only company that I have found to date that offers products and support services for these products specifically to the whole custom email question that I originally had.

If you or anyone else (including paid moderators) knows of something better than please share with us!!!

Isn't that the whole point of this category within this entire forum?!

I can't believe I'm actually the first paid user to actually try and spend some time to assist, guide, and help my fellow Joomla! and JomSocial developers!!!

Please we need some more of you guys!!!

I've been making a lot of progress on my own, but if there was more participation and community support within the specific community of JomSocial developers than a lot of my questions and frustrations within development probably already would have been answered by now!!!

Thanks!!!

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

You should rather share your thoughts in our Community. Forum is used for support and no other user could answer in your thread. So if you want to discuss with other users - post on Community ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński