Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Looking for the best third party addon Chat service???

8 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hey guys!

So I like helping people out and even though I'm a fairly new-comer to this whole Joomla! JomSocial scene I've been learning a lot about this industry, what's out there, what are the best tools to use, and just general overall advice, tips, and tricks.

Since this topic is about third party chat addons for your JomSocial websites I just wanted to let you guys know what I have found to be the best component to addon to you JomSocial website through research would be hands down without question CometChat!!!

And no I do not work for them.

Just trying to help you guys out.

I just added it to my website and words can't even describe how awesome and amazing it is. They have a range of different plans and products depending on your budget, but for $50 bucks you can get your hands on most of the core features, however, depending on the type of job you're working on for an additional $400 dollars you can have a dedicated white-labelled Android and iOS Messenger application that is very similar to that of Facebook's Messenger app.

If you do not have the budget for this you can still use the messenger app for free, but it will be through the CometChat app and not your own app. They also have a SDK for developers for the same price if you want to integrate your own website and app that you've been working on such as a dating website or niche social networking website.

I could keep on ranting and raving about this product because it is so amazing and awesome and I promise you guys I have no affiliation with them I'm just trying to help you guys out and help all of you guys make the right decisions so you get the best product for your money!!!

I hope this helps!!!
-Alex

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Alex,

You can try search the another options on JED
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ers=0&clearfilters=1

thank you

8 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Lol give me a link to a better messenger/chat application and I'll personally email you $1000 dollars!!!

Cause I doubt there's anything better out there!

I spent a decent amount of time researching everything else that's out there and none of the other companies could even compare.

CometChat is phenomenal. Going into it I just wanted a good messenger web app and once I checked out their product page and saw all of the different features they have my mouth dropped to the floor. Literally I was dumb founded that something BETTER than fb with more features actually exists.

For their CometService they have plans that range from 9-24-49-99 per month to have them host it for you thus relieving up to 95% off of your main server load and for the 99/month plan which has unlimited messages per month they have tested it with 250K+ simultaneous users messaging each other back and forth without a hick up. Very very impressive in my opinion.

But seriously guys I'm just trying to save all of you guys time from having to research competitors when this company is THE BEST without question.

I leave the $1000 dollar reward up to anyone who thinks there's something better out there that can integrate and synch up with your JomSocial community out of the box flawlessly.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

looks like the chat is coming as a feature hold on

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi All,

The chat system from Jomsocial will be avaialble on version 4.4, and we will released the beta version maybe this week (hopefully :D)

but well, our chat system is not like cometchat, we are just beginning to develop it, we start with the simple one :)

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński