Occurances of Jomsocial within app

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • michael
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have recently had to re-install Jomsocial and have had to deal with the part of the install I dislike the most; fishing for the word "Jomsocial" and removing them. I managed to get a few that were obvious but later found out that the activation emails also contain them but it wasn't after I exposed it to a potential client.

Kindly send me a comprehensive list of all the areas I should look for and clean out.

In the future, it would be great if there could be a button we could click to remove all Jomsocial branding or an option for a branding free install.
After investing quite a bit of money in your software over the years, it doesn't make business sense for me to introduce Jomsocial to my clients and make them into competitors.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Michael Essien

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Michael,

#1 you should check the language file language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini, because all text can be searched and replace from there, just search "Jomsocial" and change it.

#2 Once you installed Jomsocial at the first time, jomsocial will create Jomsocial menu by deault on Joomla Menu Manager->Main Menu, you edit that Jomsocial menu and change the menu title and alias.

I hope it will help

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński