Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Change size of Get Connected sign up form

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

How do i change the size and position of the "get connected" sign on the home page? I'm using the FLAT THEME. I tried using the inspector to located the code, but am having no success.
Also, the members, photos, videos, etc. sections moved from the right to the left. Do you know why that would be?

Lastly, how do I change "welcome to JomSocial Start adding friends ...." and remove that circle icon on the home page?

Also, a friendly reminder to not post any screenshot of my site when responding. Thank you.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Your site is htpass protected. Can You please tell me the access ?

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Sorry about that. I updated the post above with that info.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi

No problem. Please use a css selector like:

.joms-landing__text h2 {
font-size: 20px;
}

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I already tried this and couldn't figure out what css changes are required. Please advise on all of my questions above.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi

You should use the custom code field in template's settings and place the code between:

<style type="text/css"></style>

1. For "Get connected" text:

.joms-landing__text h2 {
font-size: 20px;
}

2. To reverse columns:

.joms-main, .joms-sidebar {
float: right;
}

.joms-main {
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 21px;
}

3. "Welcome..." text and the icon can be changed in joomla template's directly /components/com_community/templates/flat/layouts/general/notice.php

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

For 1, the code just changed the size of the text. I want to change the size of the entire width and height of the white box.

For 3, there is no text in the path you provided to change.

Could review this again? I'm on an urgent timeline to get this site up and running.

Thanks,

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi

1. Sorry, I missunderstood. This class have most of the options You will need to resize it, but please be careful because it's pretty packed already:

.joms-landing__action {
background: #fff;
box-shadow: 5px 5px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
bottom: 59.30495px;
padding: 10px;
position: absolute;
top: 130px;
right: 59.30495px;
max-width: 472px;
}

I would advice to play only with "padding, top and max-width" values.

3. Sorry checked older version by accident. Text is in en-GB.com_community.ini in joomla /language folder:

921: COM_COMMUNITY_FRONTPAGE_TITLE="Welcome to %1$s"
1852: COM_COMMUNITY_ACTIVITIES_FRESH_INSTALL_MESSAGE="Start adding friends, posting images and videos or joining groups to replace this screen with stream content."

The following user(s) said Thank You: Robby
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński