The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Socialize main menu translation issue

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

Hi support team and community,
I am building a new site (now in my localhost) and using the last Socialize template. The site must be in ES-ES languaje and everything is ok with the translation of modules, toolbar and plugins, but I can not found the way to translate the main menu. I have follow step by step the instructions detailed in the path

documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Complet...in_multilingual_mode

But this way still doesn't work. The "position" I have tried to locate the menu modules is "mainnav". I have tried setting no position to the menu modules, but it doesn't work in any way.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

To translate jomsocial please you read this www.jomsocial.com/company/docs/administr...ng-jomsocial-toolbar

Please explain more regarding the module positions, I dont really understand with it.

Also Please provide me backend and FTP information inside private post on this topic.

thank you!

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas, thanks for the quick replay.
My problem is not with the JomSocial Toolbar, as I said in the topic, the toolbar has been translated with no problems, and so the modules and plugins.
But in the "Socialize" template (I have worked only with this template) there is a "main menu", built with first options "Home" and "Jomsocial". I have changed this to "Home" and "News", the first one pointing to the "Community -> home" menu type.
The position in the template I think is the one named "mainnav", the documentation of the template is not clear in this topic.

The link you provide works for the toolbar, but the problem is with the main menu, not the toolbar. I think is not necesary a main menu, having the great Jomsocial toolbar, but I have not found the way to hide it.

I can't give you access to ftp, because I am working in "localhost" now, in my laptop.

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

- Edit Socialize template, and set the Navigation->Menu to Jomsocial Toolbar
- Edit Socialize template, on tab "Custom Code" but this code on field before </head>

.joms-toolbar--desktop {
    display: none;
}

thank you!

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,
I have changed the "Navigation > Menu" to the Jomsocial toolbar menu. Then I have added the code you provide in the "Before </head>" section in 'Custom code'.
The main menu is gone now, and the menu now shows the toolbar options, that's good.
But in the negative side, every menu option shows the label I have added to translate the Jomsocial toolbar, and the Jomsocial toolbar is showed too, repeating all the options. That's no good.

I am attaching an JPG to show you the result.

Attachments:
6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi.

If you wanna create multitranslation on Socialize main menu its different method when you create for jomsocial toolbar, to achive this you need follow this joomlaux.com/blog/item/71-how-to-create-...mework-template.html , its bit tricky actually..

thank you!

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Thaaank you!!! Those were the the last activities I needed to finish the main menu translation!

Case closed

:-D

6 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

glad to know that :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński