Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Online user module and a template module allocation issue

7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

At the request of Albertus, I repost this as a support request, and will expand a little.

I have dicovered a small problem I addressed a while ago in the forum but cannot find it now. I wish to display the online users module across the top of our site with 100% page width, however once the module has been set, it will still only display a maximum of four avatars across the entire page width. How can we position the avatars side by side with equal distance between each, in closely repeating columns across the entire page width. How many displayed across the page would then only be determined by the users browser width. The second aspect of this one would be the ability to shrink and grow the avatars in proportion depending on how many avatars are being displayed at once. ie; as more users sign in, the avatars size will reduce to accomodate more in the same area.

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Zurkster,

Can you let me know how to replicate the issue, please? also I need the screenshoot of your issue

thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

As you can see by the below screenshot, the avatars do no sit side by side, they sit in only four columns wide and too far down the page, the avatars need to be positioned close together and repeat horizontally. Perhaps even dynamic in size depending on total being displayed.

The ultimate goal to have a fairly narrow bar like module across the top of the page displaying small avatars of online members.

Attachments:
7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Would you mind provide me backend access, please? also I need to know the URL to access that page.

thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Your account is currently enabled, the module has been disabled because it consumes too much space, normally it resides on the top of all pages.

The affected module is ID149 its all setup how and where I want it to be, but disabled because of the adverse effects on the sites layout. See above image for undesirable display output.

As always, please discuss any changes to be made, as this is a live site.

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please you use this css to make your members module better :

.joms-js--member-module li.joms-list__item {
    width: auto;
}
thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Perhaps a brief description of where the aforementioned code should be inserted?, we're not all coding geniuses Dimas! LOL

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I already put it on socialize custom code

Attachments:
7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Thank you Dimas, I see the module displays exactly how we wanted, however I don't know if already implemented, but if not how can we dynamically resize the avatars in the header banner, so as more sign in, no greater space is used to display the growing number of avatars?

Thanks again...

Attachments:
7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Thanks for helping with the spacing issue, however I've noticed that the option to show or hide the 'View all members' option in the 'online users' module stays visible regardless of the module switch setting. As shown in the screenshot, the link remains visible although it is disabled in the module. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Attachments:
7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I already get rid the "view all members" link by css hacking solution, but its not working, maybe caused by your cache? can you check it on your side, please?

another solution you can hack this file modules/mod_community_members/tmpl/default.php and remove this code :

<a href="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=search&task=browse' ); ?>" class="joms-button--link">
    <small>
        <?php echo JText::_( 'MOD_COMMUNITY_MEMBERS_VIEW_ALL' ).$totalMembers; ?>
    </small>
</a>

7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Would this option which is not responding to the module switch be a bug? and if I were to modify the module, it would be overwritten with ever update, unless addressed properly in the next roll-out? I'd prefer not to have to resort to 'hacking' the module code for this reason.

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

This is not bug, in current module configuration we dont have options to hide that link, anyway you can use override method, so this hack wont be replaced when you do upgrading documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Customizing_Template

7 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I need to disable the link ONLY in the online users instance, not globally?

How hard can it be to switch the visibility of the link and/or counter?

I do not want to add code to simply remove the link, I would like the switch that's in the JS Members module to function properly, Provide me with a code snippet that will achieve this and you've fixed the problem, not hidden it.

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński