Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Group Name not displayed from the second page ahead (infinite scrolling)

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

I don't know why but, in the Feed Page the group names are working only in the first page (before inifinite scroll automatic load).

I discovered the string that is responsible for this in the file en-gb.com_community.ini:
COM_COMMUNITY_CHANGE_GROUP_AVATAR = "change <a href=_QQQ_%s_QQQ_>%s</a> avatar"

I'm using socialize theme.

Please note the screenshot: the first post is from the first page, the third comes from the after scroll loading. Can you see that the name of the group besides the turtle is displayed, but besides the "ferret" is blank?

Another question is why that ";" appears besides the word "group" when someone changed the Group Cover? Note the second post in the screenshot. There is nothing in the string file that indicates this ";"

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Paulo Vaz.

Attachment ScreenShot2015-01-02at5.51.02PM.png not found

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Paulo,

could you please provide me administrator and FTP access detail by editing your first post at this topic. put it under site info form.
and make sure you using jomsocial latest version 3.2.1.5

Regards,

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Albertus, the FTP connection is avalible in my first post. Please let me know if you have any problem to access.

Regards,

Paulo Vaz.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Paulo,

seem administrator and ftp access detail are not valid. I cant logged in with that. always got invalid username/password.
could you please re-check again?

Regards,

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,

Please try it now.

Regards,

Paulo Vaz.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Paulo,

strange... still cannot. could you please re-send those details to my email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
sorry for this inconvenience

Regards

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

I sent you an email with more info.

Regards,

Paulo Vaz.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Paulo,

now everything are clear for me. I confirmed this is a bug. Please wait for the fix.

and about (;) issue I already fixed for you. the changes at
/components/com_community/templates/default/activities.photos.cover.php

I removed (;) from

$extraMessage

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paulo
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,

Thanks for fix the (;) problem.

Do you have any idea when this fix will be available?

I'm aware about another confirmed bugs, some are very important, like the "unfollow friend" feature that currently is not working for 3 months.

My concern is that I'm working (with support of your great team) to implement multilanguage support for Groups Names & Descriptions as the Abuse Reports, doing some hacks in the "activities.groups.*.php", "groups.*.php" and ajax.report.php files to get this done (i'm documenting all these changes). I will need to re-work on these changes after bug fixing update, or can you include these features in the next release?

I'm trying to keep the original source the best I can, but the lack of multilanguage support for these important elements are forcing me to make a few changes, and I don't want to loose these fixings and maybe new features of the next release. I'm sure it's not so complex to iJoomla dev team to incorporate these changes, and this will help other users in the future. Fell free to use my source to incorporate these changes if needed.

Please advise.

Regards,

Paulo Vaz.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Paulo,

bugs fixing little bit slow, but I will push for it. because Jomsocial team still focusing for releasing jomsocial 4 www.jomsocial.com/blog
that version will more stable than ever. I cant tell you when.

for multi language improvement I suggest you to put user voice at here:
uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

Regards

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Albertus,

Just to finish this topic:

1. Do you know if ALL of the "Confirmed Bugs" will be solved in the Next Release?

2. Are you planning to fix these open bugs ONLY on release 4, or you will release a 3.x version for those want to stay with 3.x version?

I'm very concern about the "hacks" I did to implement this "Multilanguage Override" support for Group Names ( re-work is on the way when update, if this feature miss in the "core" of the next release... :-/ )

Regards,

Paulo Vaz

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Paulo,

we still have 3.x version. our developer will tackle all reported bugs as much as possible in next release (3.2.1.6)
if any override things. will not gone at upgrade process. but if you changing any files at jomsocial core (original locations), it will be gone at upgrade process.
by using override, the files mush be copied to override locations. and not all changes can be done with overrides.

Regards

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,

Okay, I will wait for the 3.2.1.6 release with the bug fixes / new features, and I hope the update process can be done easily, as less impact as possible to me. I will keep a copy of my changed source that implements the Language Constants for Group Names / Descriptions, but I will put a new feature request for the 3.2.1.6 release anyway, and if you accept, no re-work from my side will be required. :-)

Anyway I hope to find a good change log document from 3.2.1.5 to 3.2.1.6, and the list of fixed bugs to facilitate our understanding when updating.

I know you are very busy working in the new release 4, but please remember that are currenly users with open bugs. And I'm a new customer that starts a huge project with the current release and I need to deliver this job as soon as possible, so I will count on your prioritization on the bug fixing for the 3.2.1.6 release.

Regards,

Paulo Vaz.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Paulo,

here the fix:
edit /components/com_community/templates/default/activities.groups.avatar.upload.php at line 24 you can find this code

$group->load($act->groupid);
after that code, put this code
if(!isset($act->appTitle)) {
  $act->appTitle = $group->name;
}

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński