Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Menu Settings

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

I am setting up my site and am using Socialize as my template. Using Megamenu to set up my navigation, I am unable to figure out how to make the menu different for guests/public and registered. It shows differently under the access area, but then when a guest goes to the front page it still has the profile tab on the menu, rather than allowing me to have links specific to guests or nothing at all. Any help is appreciated.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Ethan.

You've set JomSocial toolbar to be displayed. All menu items except Profile (ant child menu items) have privacy restriction set to Registered. So nothing strange that public menu item -> Profile is displayed for guests.

Try to change privacy settings for that menu item. You may also want to set some menu items visible only for guests (not displayed for logged in users).

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński