9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi,
I understand there's a new Socialize template being developed now, but this is my third issue with it. It cuts off 300x250 sized advertisements on the home page and cummunity connect pages. You can see them both on the website now, and you would see the head search position on both of those pages is also cut off, but for some reason it doesn't cut off Google ads so I have them in now just to fill the spot. Can you please fix this issue? I posted a ticket about this earlier and was told there was no problem, but now I have just been made aware the problem is definitely the template. We make money via advertisements on the site, so I hope you understand we need the ads to fit.

Thank you

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Rob.

It's NOT template issue. Those banners are displayed in iframe, and iframe has fixed width = 300px (and hight = 250px). You display it in module position that is a bit narrower. Socialize is based on grid and columns doesn't have fixed width but declared in percents so they are fluid (their width changes according to device width).

So if you try to put something that is wider than current available width... it will be cut off.

Google is smart :) their ads can fit to container... your second advertisement provider is not that smart and uses fixed width. So it's advertisement providers fault that doesn't prepare ad script that is ready for responsive design.

But there is a small trick to make it responsive too. I used it for iframes and videos from YouTube:

.video-container {
    position: relative;
    padding-bottom: 56.25%;
    padding-top: 30px; 
    height: 0; 
    overflow: hidden;
    margin: 0 0 20px 0;
}

.video-container iframe,
.video-container object,
.video-container embed {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
}

Try to edit module that displays those ads and wrap script with <div class="video-container">.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński