Login Problems

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Pat
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Asraf - any update on this? Where can I change the login/register page to the default Joomla module when someone try's to access a Jomsocial page?

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Pat
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi - Perhaps someone from the JomSocial has been working the problem, but in addition to my default template getting changed - now I can not login at all. The Joomla login that was working now just returns -

Array ( [username] => pnims [password] => xxxxxx [Submit] => [option] => com_users [task] => user.login [return] => aW5kZXgucGhwP0l0ZW1pZD01NTY= [87c6c0e00e2a576bb35fb6dbeafc4011] => 1 ) ash

I know I asked for help, but this is a live site and we are in the middle of registering several hundred people for interviews. Is the problem being worked currently or have you stopped for now? If you have stopped, can you please put my site back to where it was at least somewhat functional and not an embarrassment? Thanks.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Pat,
Sorry for the delay,
We have again tried to find out the problem.
There mast be some redirection which causing this problem.
There is a plugin named "Jomsocial redirect". It is working fine with default joomla login but not working with Jomsocial.
For finding out the problem we need to uninstall other extensions and cross check the cause.
Since the site is live, it is better to copy at other directory with database and check there.
Your co-operation is highly expected to find out the problem.
Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Pat
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks Asraf - I do appreciate the help. I'll create an offline site and send you the credentials when it is up. Thanks for the suggestion.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Pat
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Asraf - In the process of setting up a test site, I think I've found the cause of the issue.

I’m using Virtual Domains so that I can have marinsummertheater.org and backstage.marinsummertheater.org use the same database.

When a guest user browses to a restricted JomSocial page using the default domain (marinsummertheater.org) – they are able to use the JomSocial login component fine. But if they browse to the same page using a virtual subdomain (backstage.marinsummertheater.org), then they are unable to login using the JomSocial Login.

For example – The JomSocial login on marinsummertheater.org/index.php/backstage-home works, but the JomSocial login backstage.marinsummertheater.org does not, even though they bring up the same page.

Please note that the standard Joomla logins and Login with FaceBook components work in both cases. I've opened an issue with Virtual Domain support, but do you know why the JomSocial login comment would be failing when the other two components work?

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Pat
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Asraf - I got an update for Virtual Domains and that solved the login problem. My thanks for the time and efforts of you and the support team and my apologies for the goose chase.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński