Mega menu drop down bug on iPad

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

The drop down menus in the Megamenu in the Socialize template don't work on iPad (landscape mode).
I notice though that on your demo site the "Tutorials" dropdown works on iPad. Your megamenu entries seem to differ from each other: some are visible and some are not. Why/how? I couldn't find the difference in code or settings.
Also, these differences show up in the megamenu on iPhone (some submenus are indented, which is good, and others are not indented). Very confusing. Is this a setting somewhere?
Please advise!

Second question: in iPhone view the megamenu shows up nicely (good feature!), but something seems to be wrong:
- either all (expanded) menu entries show (which can be a lot to scroll through),
- or (if you change the setting) only the main menu entries show, but then the drop down/expansion doesn't work (so the submenu entries can't be reached).

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hello Robert,

We are aware of this issue and it has been reported to our developers, i will reply back to you the moment we have it fixed

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

You state in the change log: "Fixed: Dropdown menu not expanding on ipad".
However: the Megamenu drop down on iPad still does not work in the last version of the Socialize template (1.2.2).
Please advise?

10 years 2 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Robert,

Can you edit your existing post and add your site details into it so i can look at this for you. I have drop-downs functioning in 1.2.2 so i need to have a look at your site

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Paul, I just sent you a personal message with the details.
Thank you in advance for checking ( + solving) the iPad bug.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Robert,

I got your site information and i can see your problem. But the login details do not let me into the administration section of your site. Can you please edit your first post and correct the details in the sections provided. I have added the information you sent me previously

It is really important that site details are entered in the post and not sent by private messaging. The reason for this is if other support personnel need to assist with this post then they also have the information.and Our support forum is the most secure place to do it

Without seeing the settings the first thing i would try is to set the template navigation options to the following
Admin men > Extensions > Templates > Socialize then go to the navigation tab and set the following

Dropdown trigger = hover
Off canvas navigation = on
Always show Submenu = = off
Navigation style = Megamenu
Animation = none
Menu = your main site menu

save changes and see if the dropowns then work on the ipad, If they do start working then it identifies to me where the issue is and gives you a workaround until it's fixed.

Please let me know the outcome

If you add administrator access i will be happy to help you further.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Paul, post has been edited; you should be able to access the site now.

I tested with the settings you provided:
the only thing I had to change was changing "Always show Submenu = off" to "on" to match your proposed settings.
However, it did not solve the iPad problem.
Also: the mobile menu (on iPhone and iPad portrait mode) now collapsed (of course) but did not expand when I click a menu entry.

My best guess would be that the problem is related to the type of pulldown menu selected per top menu item. I noticed (on socialize.jomsocial.com ) that some menu entries do show the pulldown menu (like "Joomla"), and others don't. But after having clicked e.g. "FAQ" the not-working pulldown menus now DO show. Very strange.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Robert,
i need to change the theme back to a default one then recompile the less to css but I notice that you have a blue custom theme. I have not done this as your site is live. Can you advise if this is ok to do on your site or can you change the theme to green then recompile less to css and see if the issue is gone

Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Paul,
I tried that, switched to green (successful), did LESS to CSS, got an error message ("An unexpected failure happened"), however tried if the change had effect, but the problem was still there.
Indeed, the site is live so do not change appearance etc.

10 years 2 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for letting me know, That confirms it as a bug. I will report this to our developers so it gets fixed. Not that this helps but i noticed on my ipad if the user presses the home button then goes back to a dropdown menu they work which is odd

Can you please leave the access open for the next 24 hrs so i can get our template developer to have a look,

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Paul, any update on this issue? It is a serious user interface problem!

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Robert,

We released Socialize 1.2.5 yesterday which should have this issue fixed, please update to this version and let me know if resolves the problem.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Paul, see my last post: it is still not fixed in Socialize 1.2.5....

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Tested again with Socialize 3.2.5 and JomSocial 3.2 beta: megamenu pulldown menu on iPad now works. Hope this info is useful?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński