Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Modify Avatar and Cover

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I have 2 copies of a website. Supposedly, they are identical. The first is installed locally on an iMac computer and the 2nd is installed with a webhosting company. On my local copy I can update both the avatar and the cover but on the production website pals.vet I cannot update either. The upload goes on forever and nothing ever changes.

Can you suggest how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Jason

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

lHi
Open /administrator/logs (Log folder) and change the permission to writable.
Also, the login details share by you does not allow me to log in on frontend of site. Please check.
It logout me from admin as well on every step.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

A security plugin Security Check Pro was logging you out. It does the same thing to me when turned on. I've removed the component. Permissions on the /administrator/logs folder is 755.

Thanks,
Jason

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
I am not able to login on site front end prntscr.com/ikx5cy
Also, the backend logout issue is still same, please try it and fix the user permission.
So I can test the avatar issue.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'm sorry for all the trouble. I created a front end account of:

I also checked the error log you mentioned and found the following, which might be helpful...

[26-May-2017 18:18:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: getimagesize(/home4/fiatlux5/public_html/pals/images/avatar/original_8eaf7b833f029a7db0fdf298a8642e7d.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/fiatlux5/public_html/pals/components/com_community/controllers/photos.php on line 2496
[26-May-2017 18:18:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: getimagesize(/home4/fiatlux5/public_html/pals/images/avatar/original_8eaf7b833f029a7db0fdf298a8642e7d.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home4/fiatlux5/public_html/pals/components/com_community/helpers/image.php on line 170

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
I just changed the profile pic of Programmer profile prntscr.com/il656l
prntscr.com/il65cz
prntscr.com/il65fj
Also there is no issue in the cover as well: prntscr.com/il65le
Kindly disable the browser extension and clear cache, its working fine.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I don't understand. I just changed the cover without any problem at all. What did you fix? Anyway, thank you very much for looking at this and correcting whatever was wrong.

Jason

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
Would be cache issue or browser extension issue as i only tested :)
Glad the issue is fixed.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński