Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

When click on JomSocial Toolbar "Ïnbox" link, it takes me to another joomprofile

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,
We have an issue,
our website is www.photographytalk.com/
and we're using Jom Social 4.3.2 with Joomla 3.7.2 (there is other components installed like OBRSS, JoomSef, RS Form, Minitek Live Search etc.)
We have an issue like show on the screenshot.When some user logged in and go to My Profile, and then click Inbox link from the Toolbar, it takes us to a random Jom users profile. This is very odd, no errors in the debug console.
Pls advice/help, i can supply admin user.
Many thanks,
Photography Talk Team

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

You are lacking couple of version in joomla and jomsocial. Please update it first so I'll be able to investigate the problem. It's possible that the problem exists because of a missing update or a fix presented in one of those updates.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

I have upgraded Joomla version to 3.8.5 with no issues.
After that I did tier u[grade to JomSocial to 4.3.5 and i got the issue in the screenshot, which unfortunately i'm not able to debug.
Same thing if i upgrade directly to v.4.5.0.
Pls advice how to proceed.

Thanks,
Photography Talk Team.

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Please attach an access to FTP. I'll try to update Jomsocial manually than. This will reveal if the error is not affecting both this issues.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Okay.
Thanks in advance. Here is the login below:

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Unfortunately FTP access wasn't enough. Please send me an access to joomla panel. A super user permission so I'll be able to make a backup and run the update. The access from Your first post is not working to access joomla panel "Warning Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet."

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, s

sure thing,

here is it:
user: xxx below in the security area
pass: xxx below in the security area
www.dev.photographytalk.com/administrator/
Don't make backup. Our backup is around 13GB. This is our Development website, not our LIVE/PRODUCTION.

Just be sure to login to DEV server.
www.dev.photographytalk.com

If something go wrong we can sync from our live website and get it back.

Thanks,

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I've updated joomla and jomsocial on Your dev server and also got the same error as You. But it's good it means that one of the 3rd party extensions is cousing that. My guess is that's it's either Jomsocial Profiles or JomSEF. Try updating or disabling them just to check if the issue will still be showing.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi ,

I found out that when I disable PT profile the issue is not present anymore.

Can you advice what exactly is the conflict between the JomSocial upgrade and out PT profile module/extension?

We want to keep this in our website as it is. There must be something that is causing the issue.

Thanks,

Photographytalk Team

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I'm afraid I was not able to find a solution. You will need to ask PT Profile developers for help, because it changes the url to inbox page and I do not know their code enough to locate the place it's been done.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński