Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Redirect to 404

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Garry
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi friends!
I have a problem with displaying non-existent pages. Instead of showing page 404, the system takes me to the main page. But is it possible to display the 404 error page if I type an invalid address like my-site.com/uyrwerjwk8794829 ?
Also, in JS there are links that you can go to if you insert a specific address. For example: site.com/index.php?option=com_community&...h&task=advancesearch .
I'm sure there are a lot of them. Is it possible to hide these links so that they can not be reached? I could not do this with a simple redirect.
Thank you!

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Can you share more details what do u mean by search URL redirect?
he 404 is the template you are using. you can redirect it with help of this documentation : docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_Custom_404_Error_Page

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Garry
6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Garry
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Pankaj!
Yes, I know about this method of creating page 404. But whatever I do, the system still returns me to the main page from a non-existent page. I tried to use the standard redirect component, I tried to do something in .htaccess. No results. What could be the problem?

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Garry
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Oh, sorry, buddy! Question is canceled. It was my problem in htaccess.
Sometimes I'm so stupid. )))
But anyway, thanks for the help!

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

You are welcome!
Mostly it htaccess redirection rules and many time we forget :)

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński