Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Ability to create a custom activity that only the actor and target can see.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired

Hello,

We already can create custom activities using the Stream API, and that's great! We use that feature on several custom components that we've built.
But there is one thing missing, and that's very important for us right now. It is the ability to have a private activity, that only the actor and the target can see. Nobody else can see that activity. I believe it would be fairly simple for you guys to implement that feature using the Access column on the Activities table.
I'm willing to pay fot that development if necessary.
Please look into it.
Thank you.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Sorry we don't have custom services to implement a new feature. Anyway I'm gonna put that in our suggestions box, but can't promise it will be implemented.

You may need to hire an outside developer to make it for You.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired

Hello,

But I'd have to hack the jomsocial core to do that, right? Or is there a way to do it without hacking the core?

Thanks

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

There is always a way to implement changes/extensions without hacking the core file. It's not always as easy as such hack. All depends from developer I guess.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński