Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Name, email and other fields can't be changed - keep reverting

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi - am hoping you will be able to help.

Quick background:
Two of our users are having issues renaming their profiles

User 1 (name in Support Team area) worked for organisation 1, but left to go to another company. She set up a brand new subscription at her new company, with a different Login name,
User 2 took over her old job at organisation 1 - initially using her original login details, but recently changed these and requested a change of Login Name, which was actioned in Joomla by an administrator.

However, User 1's details are still showing in User 2's profile. There are three fields of everything and changes can't be saved.
Similarly, User 1's new account is also showing three fields of everything (although the information is correct in that case).

Joomla is showing the correct account details for both users. However, in User 2's case, MembershipPro is showing User 1's first name and last name, and User 2's Login name (presumably because that was changed in Joomla and that's where the Login name is pulled from).

Please could you investigate and advise so I can update the user.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Louise,
Jomsocial uses the same username friend for registration as in Joomla.
If you would like to reset the user data you can do it from Jomsocial > Monitor > Member > search your member and change the email from it.
As I checked the same username and email is showing in the Joomla and Jomsocial for these users.
Regarding the changes in the Membership pro database, I suggest you to raise the question on membership pro extension support forum, It is something that is the membership pro extension.

Let us know if there is anything needs to be changed from Jomsocial or you have any issue in the Jomsocial userbase.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you Pankaj. Unfortunately, I have been unable to change the details in the monitor/member area. It keeps reverting. If you login using the details provided you will be able to see for yourself.
Kind regards
Louise

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
The email and username are from Joomla.
Open Joomla user manager > find the username > edit user > change username.
save and check.
The same changes will auto applied on Jomsocial member area.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Already done Pankaj, which is why we couldn't understand what was happening and raised the ticket. The username is correct in Joomla, but JomSocial is still displaying three fields of everything - two of which still include the previous user's name/email.

Is the only way to resolve this to ask the user to close this account and open another? It seems that the historic information won't stop populating the fields for some reason - even though it has been replaced at Joomla level and in JomSocial (front end by the new user and back end by ourselves).

Best wishes

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Further to my previous post, would it help if I sent you screengrabs of the issue? Is there a way to do this privately? The user's details are included so I can't share in an open forum.

Best wishes

Louise

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
You can edit your first post and submit a screenshot with site details.
Also, let me know which fields are not changing in both for both the users.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Many thanks Pankaj. I have uploaded some screenshots showing the Joomla accounts concerned, plus the front end of one of them (the user has provided us with temporary access). The other account is displaying the correct new details for the lady who moved to another organisation, but is just duplicating everything three times. Not so much of an issue as having somebody else's name in your profile, but still a strange thing to be happening.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Louise

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I forgot to say that it doesn't matter how many times the details are deleted or changed - either at the user end or in JomSocial - they always revert back.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
When u changed the email from user Jack Jakins from the Joomla user manager it working fine for the Jomsocial.
In the Membership pro extension, you have different plan active on this profile and the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. email is used in that subscription active on user profile.
I am unable to share screenshot here in public. If you wish i can share it with your registered email account.
Kindly change email from the plans active on the user profile.
Jomsocial uses username and email from the Joomla account.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Yes please Pankaj. It would be great if you could share those screenshots via my registered email account.
Many thanks
Louise

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
I shared details screenshot on your email id, let me know if there is any issue on the same email or here.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Louise
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hello again Pankaj

It doesn't seem to matter what we do, the issue won't go away, so we have deleted the account for JJ and asked the user to set up a new one from scratch.

However, since doing that the fields for the original user (JS) have gone crazy. In JomSocial there are now five fields of each section rather than the three that were there before.

At least the name is correct this time, but it doesn't look very professional for the user.

Is there anything you can do to get rid of these duplicate fields?

Many thanks in advance and have a good weekend.

Best ishes

Louise

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
I have gone through profile: Jomsocial member and dave Jackson both have same fields and no duplicate fields.
prnt.sc/i3q14j
prnt.sc/i3q1hh
Kindly give me full details of the member name and id that has the duplicate fields name, because if you have only one field on the backend same you will see on the front end of the site.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński