Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Some Changes In profile-features are not reacting

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Dear support,
I have problems with configuration of my jomsocial.
My website should display biographies of people.

Most important is, that nobody has the possibility to make comments on otherones walls.
no comments on stream. Not at photos, videos, albums or writings,

At likes i have two possibilities:
1. solution geusts are able to like Profiles, posts, pictures albums and videos. If that is not possible.
2. Solution. no likes allowed for profiles, posts, pictures albums and videos

At the Pofil-Top. I would like that there is no botton over the coverpicuter. Add Friend and send message. can I remove this bottons?

And i would like to remove the display of the number of friends under the Profilepicture? How to remove that?

I tried nearly every change in the settings and in userpoints. But they did not work.

I hope I did not crashed the database or the jomsocial installation with my tries. can you have a look
for right correct working of jomsocial-installation. Because when you click sign-up and then log in the website crashes down.

Regards, Gordon

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Gordon.

Thank you for contacting us.
User points won't change any elements display on profile. By disabling user points rule, you just hide certain action posts on activity stream.
In Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Site you can set that only friends can comment: prntscr.com/hxeqns
Then you'll need to get rid all friend request buttons.

Sadly our Technical Support do not covers customizations - and removing friend requests, hide buttons or other elements will be a customization.
Please, read our Support Policy: www.jomsocial.com/support-policy

Please, consider to hire a professional developer who could help you with customizations.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński