Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No text in outgoing mail from chat

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Anders
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hej!
When I send chat message, an email is sent that contains no text.
See picture:
www.screencast.com/t/nRCLh5EqfdvM
I followed your instructions from another forum thread to insert a code text into my template css.
See picture:
www.screencast.com/t/nHY5FF0W8
But that did not help, the messages that emanate from chat messages still do not contain any text.
See picture:
www.screencast.com/t/nRCLh5EqfdvM

Now you have all login data:
Can you please help me. Please...?

BR
Anders
Sweden

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Anders.

Thank you for contacting us.
Issue is caused by your language pack.

There is this constant:

COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_INBOX_SENT = Hej {target},\n\n{actor} har skickat ett nytt meddelande till dig.\n\nRubrik:\n%1$s\n\n%2$s\n\n\n\nDu kan läsa och svara på meddelandet här:\n\n<a href="_QQQ_{url}_QQQ_">{url}</a>\n\n\nHa en bra dag!

Where it should be:

COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_INBOX_SENT="Hi {target},\n\n{actor} just sent you a new message.\n\n%1$s\n\n\n\nYou can also read the new message on the site here:\n\n<a href=_QQQ_{url}_QQQ_>{url}</a>\n\n\nHave a nice day!"

Just remove spared %2$s in the strong in file: ROOT//_jomsocial-language/language/sv-SE/sv-SE.com_community.ini

Then check again - issue should be gone :)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Anders
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi!
Now I have canged my Swedish language pack as you suggested to:
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_INBOX_SENT="Hi {target},\n\n{actor} just sent you a new message.\n\n%1$s\n\n\n\nYou can also read the new message on the site here:\n\n<a href=_QQQ_{url}_QQQ_>{url}</a>\n\n\nHave a nice day!"
Before this change, an email was sent with the message without text, ( www.screencast.com/t/nRCLh5EqfdvM ) but after changing the code, no mail will be sent out at all.

BR
Anders
Sweden

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Anders.

Make sure you create NEW chat to NEW user as message is sent to only new chat, not for each post in chat.
I just sent you a message and email should be fine: prntscr.com/hlpxlp

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Anders
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi!
I have these codes in the language file:

COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_EVENT_NOTIFY_CREATOR_TEXT="Hej {target},\n\nGruppen %1$s som du skapade nyligen har nu blivit publicerad. Du kan börja använda gruppen genom att klicka på länken här nedanför.\n\nGruppen: {url}\n\nHa en bra dag!"
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_INBOX_SENT="Hej {target},\n\n{actor} har sänt dig ett meddelande.\n\n%1$s\n\n\n\nDu kan också läsa det nya meddelandet på sidan här:\n\n<a href=_QQQ_{url}_QQQ_>{url}</a>\n\n\nHa en bra dag!"

But, no email i sent out when starting a NEW chat!

BR
Anders
Sweden

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Anders.

Constants are correct now.
Your site do send notifications: prntscr.com/hlpxlp
I tested this on your site and it works.

Make sure that email is listed in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Monitor -> Mail queue
If emails on the list have "Pending" status, they are not send but are waiting for cron to be fired - you need to have cron set up properly.
If it's marked as "Sent" - they are sent and issue is rather with RECEIVING than SENDING.

You need to check if emails do not land in spam box. You may also test emails against spam: www.mail-tester.com/

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński