Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

New dependency fields or realtime filtering textbox field

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gerard
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I'm thinking about Jomsocial's core and I think that it will be great to create some dependency fields. For example I'm creating a health community and I would like to create a field to put which is the hospital that work my users....the problem is that there are thousands of them. Now I have created a textbox field but this have many CONS:

• Users must to introduce the name of the hospital and can fill wrong. For example some hospitals have got different names or people know they about different name. Hospital Universitario de Bellvitge, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge or HUB. These three names are for the same hospital.
  • People can miss some letters of the name.
  • With actual system it's posible that some users have got different names for the same hospital. In this case option to search users with advanced search function is not useful

I thought to create a select field called Hospital with thousands of options, but in these case it will be low usefull and so ugly.

An option it will be to create dependency fields, for example a first field called "Location" (select field type) and later another select field called "Hospital",. With this system we can do a first filtering, and later show another field with Hospitals that are in the first.

Other option it will be to create some smart textbox, that allow to write some strings, but suggest the name of the hospital. Mayve comparing the introduced letters by the user with other names stored on database. And make an option to Add new name in cases that are not stored the name of the hospital.

I don't know which is the best option but I think that this situation, is not only for my personal case, and can be interesting in other situations.

See you and best regards,

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Gerard.

Thank you for contacting us and your feedback.
I pass it to our Project Manager.
I can't promise that feature will be available anytime soon but we'll think about it :)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński