Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Saving profile changes the profile type to default

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tamar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have 3 profile types: user, expert, company.
Ever since I upgraded JomSocial from 4.0.9 to 4.5.0 everytime a profile type 'expert' or 'company' has ben edited and saved the profile is converted to the default of 'user' instead of saving the data and staying the same type.
You can see when you save, the input fields change to another profile that has different ones and in fact the type is changed when inspecting it.
There's a plugin that manages these profile types which is - 'JomSocial Profile Types' that is responsible for which fields go to which profile type and all of that.
You can not revert back to the correct profile type from JomSocial, only from the plugin that made it (which is fine I suppose) but when the profile is saved there's some sort of override or disconnect between them and the type is changed.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Tamar.

Thank you for contacting us.
You use JSPT that took over the control over JomSocial Profile Types. You can't use both of them.
In that case JSPT will always have higher priority and switch any settings back.
Decide which one you want to use.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tamar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

JomSocial was used to create the input fields and JSPT to decide which would go to which profile type and untill JomSocial was updated everything worked fine.
I needs to work like it used to be before the upgrade, now when a user that registered with a profile type of 'expert' edits it's profile the profile type is switched to 'user' and all the fields change...

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Tamar.

JomSocial works as it was designed - recent updated introduced few new features related with profile types.
JSPT is a 3rd party used to take over control over JomSocial behavior...
I'm sure that JSPT developers are aware of recent changes - please, check if you use latest version of JSPT.
JomSocial profiles are working fine - you may do a simple test - just disable JSPT.
Please, report this issue to JSPT developer so they could check this from their side.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tamar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I tried to disable it and use the JomSocial profile features but they still don't work like JSPT is still in control.
After that I tried to flat out delete it but it's still listed on the components and still working, I'm stuck with it and I cannot save my profiles.
I don't have the latest version of JSPT so I cannot contact them for support.
I would like to get rid of it if possible but like I mentioned I can't.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Tamar.

I've tried to remove JSPT from your system but something is lingering there causing fatal erro on the site.
So I restored it.
Contact JSPT and ask them how to remove JSPT from your site.

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tamar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

There is no way to contact them unless you buy it, something I don't want to do.
Even if I did buy there's only 4 threads on their support forums which indicates that it's not active.
Do you have the fatal error details perhaps? I have no idea what to do at this point...

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tamar.

The diagnosis is that JSPT cause the issue. You need to either upgrade it or remove it.
Both options are not covered by our support.
The best option seems to be just remove it but something left in the system so it throws the error.
Probably some plugin remains.
But you need to do it on your own as we can't provide support for 3rd party issues. I'm sorry.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński