Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Admin only profile

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gerard
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I'm created two fields that I set at backend, only admins can view it. The problem is that some users said me that when they are registering his accounts it shows like "Public" access. I think that it will be some icon in registration process that shows "Only admin can view this information", because if not they don't understand diferences with the rest of the fields.

Thanks,

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Gerard.

Thank you for contacting us.
You probably mean those icons: prntscr.com/h3x90j
They are standard privacy icons/option. User may set them as well but they will be overrided by backend admin setting (if set for administrator only).
That setting do not change available icons in frontend.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gerard
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answer. I attached two images to explain a little bit better. The problem that I have is that I created two fields that contain private information (like passport number) and in setting of this field I set to show only by administrator. Many users said me that doesn't want to put this information because is public. I would like to when we set in backend that some fields are only visible in "Admin only" in frontend must see some icon or text that says "Admin only". Maybe text or maybe some new icon to do this tasks. I see that this make more transparency, privacity and safety to all our social communities.

Thank you.

Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Gerard.

I see your point.
Such an feature is not available at the moment but I'll report this to our developers.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Gerard.

Fix will be available in next release, due to complexity I can't provide you with a patch right now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gerard
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński